Best surround speakers for Epic CF-4 & KLF-C7

Alpha Lima

Howdy, folks.

My 2-channel system consists of a pair of Epic CF-4s (version 1) powered by a Bel Canto s300iD, and a pair of SVS subs. I'm in the process of integrating it into my 5.1 system, usurping the Polk Monitor70 II mains and probably the 15" Acoustic Research sub (because three subs might be too much).

That leaves the surround speakers, currently my trusty Cambridge SoundWorks Model Six, the first honestly hi-fi speakers I've ever owned.

What would you recommend as replacements for the Sixes? I'm intrigued by the SS1, Synergy S-2/S-20, and RS-10 - something with that T-W-T configuration.

I could also just wait and hear how well the Sixes sound with the Epics and KLF-C7 before deciding on replacing them. And the MCACC on my Pioneer AVR will make everyone behave, in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.

Cambridge SoundWorks Model Six - I thought those were $99 a pair?

+++

No matter, I suggest you use the speakers you have for surrounds, see how you like them.  I am not a fan of the surround sound and my 5.1 is setup poorly, so see what others have to suggest.

I do agree your Pio MCACC will make everyone play nice.

4 hours ago, Alpha Lima said:

I'm intrigued by the SS1, Synergy S-2/S-20, and RS-10 - something with that T-W-T configuration.

That would be a mistake.

KSP-S6 is what you need. You could also try for the RS-7 or RS-62, but the S6s would be the best fit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BluBitRates said:

You will want to buy my KV4 while you are at it to timbre match your CF4s ;)

Alas, while a KV-4 would be optimal, my KLF-C7 with Crites tweeter will have to suffice.

It already sounds far superior to the Polk CS2 it replaced.

On 5/10/2017 at 4:37 PM, teaman said:

KSP-C6 or SB-3. I have both with my KLF set ups and they match pretty well.

Um, kinda confused at this. The KSP-C6 is a center speaker, while the SB-3 is a soundbar.

Looking for rear/surround speakers.

On 5/10/2017 at 4:41 PM, The History Kid said:

There's a pair of KSP-S6's in St. Louis that have been up for a while, you might be able to work out a deal there.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Alpha Lima said:

Um, kinda confused at this. The KSP-C6 is a center speaker, while the SB-3 is a soundbar.

He meant the S6.  And he's referring to the SB-3's, not the SB 3 (with a hyphen).  They'd be great for surround duties, but I dunno how they'd work in your system.  I haven't heard those speakers.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/sb-3-bookshelf-speaker

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The History Kid said:

He meant the S6.  And he's referring to the SB-3's, not the SB 3 (with a hyphen).  They'd be great for surround duties, but I dunno how they'd work in your system.  I haven't heard those speakers.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/sb-3-bookshelf-speaker

Thanks for straightening that out for me...and him...my bad!

• Like 1