Custom Heresy Stands

Also scored a vintage Sansui reciever from a neighbor. It's a 5000A, for you Sansui fans. The FM section sounded a little lifeless but plugged in my phone with some FLAC files and it sounded pretty dang awesome!

20170507_142349.jpg

• Like 5

I have forgotten what they sound like on the floor, with the risers, in the corner, like EVERYONE SAYS THEY SHOULD BE; because I have been using them on stands for a long time. Yes I do use a sub. I think you need a sub regardless of position. Getting them off the floor took them to another level sonically.

Rick

Great looking stands, and I too like the color and size. Moray James has helped a lot of us Klipsch owners over the years, I still have a pair of Crites CT-125 tweeters I purchased from him years ago.  I had Crites new networks in my Cornwalls (1979)  and these tweeters was a nice Mod.   

Very Nice stands!

I built stands for my "flame twins" when I worked at Klipsch...used two woofer cut-outs from Cornwall motorboards for the top and bottom panels of each stand...bottom panel had four rubber feet under it...used six mid-horn lens cut-outs from Cornwall motorboards, and four solid pine glue blocks.  It got my Heresys off the floor and to the perfect height off the tiled floor for listening while sitting on the raggedy Sofa I had in those days, while the open "airy" design allowed for more corner reflection under the speakers, themselves.  Sent this sketch to Justin almost two decades ago on this forum, based upon the dimensions of those old speaker stands...for him to build a pair for his Heresys...he liked them, too.  All wood thicknesses are 3/4".  Glue blocks were sized 3/4" x 3/4".  Simple, plain and effective.

Heresy stands.jpg

• Like 2

There use to pictures of a stand here for the Heresy that held a second 12" woofer in it.  The forum has changed it's been several years from my last visit here and I don't see them now. I lost my pass word and forgot my user name so I had to re-register so I am a new  member again LOL  

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:11 AM, OldSkool77 said:

Great looking stands! Could you PM the builders info? I'm looking for 16" to 18" stands to elevate my Heresy3's and I use a sub also.

Cheers!

Sorry I just now saw your reply. PM me if you need more info on the stands.

Rick

• 2 years later...