Custom Heresy Stands

• 1 year later...

The custom Heresy stands are way nice. I wanted to get my Heresy IVs off the floor so i used two metal with glass tops patio tables. Far less elegant but they are working for me right now. i put the speakers on lazy susans so i con easily toe them in if necessary. My SVS sub (not pictured) fits nicely underneath the table.

LS.thumb.jpeg.82e25d9c1be9141c8eb661e36790d180.jpegLZS.thumb.jpg.1af92ff48b3d711fb492d4b809bd7e58.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, klipschhornfan said:

Where can I buy this stand?  Thanks.

Deer Creek Audio used to sell direct and have a large variety of stands to chose from, including custom configurations. However, its appears they sell on Amazon now.

IMHO they are great stands; the tubes are filled and pretty much non-resonant. And they look attractive. I had a pair for my Heresy III. I thought they made an improvement in sound and kept them from getting whacked by the vacuum...

50 minutes ago, klipschhornfan said:

How do I find them on Amazon?  Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/Deer-Creek-Audio-Steel-Stands/dp/B01LJUEC1W

But the first thing I would do is private message the poster of the image: Deer Creek Audio.  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/profile/75300-deer-creek-audio/

• Like 2

Has anyone compared the Deer Creek stand to the JBL JS120 stand made for the L100 that also fits the Heresy or even the taller (and cheaper) JS80?  I wonder which listening height works better for my 10' x 10' squarish listening room.  Thanks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by klipschhornfan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently auditioning 2 stands for my Heresy I alnico: JBL JS120 and Wharfdale Linton.  My room size is 10' x 10' square room.  My Heresy's are placed very close to the corners at 7" from back wall and 4" from side wall.  It seems like they sound best sitting on the floor firing straight with no toe-in and level (flat bottom, no slant riser).  The stands make them image slightly better but the overall presentation sounds thin due to the lack of bass reinforcement.  The bass has more weight sitting on the floor but muddy most likely due to my fully carpeted floor.  What's a good inexpensive platform material to use under the speakers if I want a more solid foundation than the carpet?  How about concrete slab paverstone square?  Thanks.

Edited by klipschhornfan

25 minutes ago, klipschhornfan said:

I'm currently auditioning 2 stands for my Heresy I  What's a good inexpensive platform material to use under the speakers if I want a more solid foundation than the carpet?  How about large concrete paverstone square?  Thanks.

Have you considered adding slant risers? Crites sells them new for $65 shipped keeps them coupled to the floor while tilting them back just a bit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203827559630?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=203827559630&targetid=4581183927179149&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=418233787&mkgroupid=1241348861725295&rlsatarget=pla-4581183927179149&abcId=9300542&merchantid=51291&msclkid=b8886c1416c41f863ffb0eb20b6751c9

slantriser.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, klipschhornfan said:

I'm currently auditioning 2 stands for my Heresy I alnico: JBL JS120 and Wharfdale Linton.  My room size is 10' x 10' square room.  My Heresy's are placed very close to the corners at 7" from back wall and 4" from side wall.  It seems like they sound best sitting on the floor firing straight with no toe-in and level (flat bottom, no slant riser).  The stands make them image slightly better but the overall presentation sounds thin due to the lack of bass reinforcement.  The bass has more weight sitting on the floor but muddy most likely due to my fully carpeted floor.  What's a good inexpensive platform material to use under the speakers if I want a more solid foundation than the carpet?  How about concrete slab paverstone square?  Thanks.

my heresy 1s also sound best sitting on the floor without tilting.  mine did come with a factory riser that doesn't have any tilt -- the risers are only about 3" tall.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:20 AM, Joe Carter said:

The custom Heresy stands are way nice. I wanted to get my Heresy IVs off the floor so i used two metal with glass tops patio tables. Far less elegant but they are working for me right now. i put the speakers on lazy susans so i con easily toe them in if necessary. My SVS sub (not pictured) fits nicely underneath the table.

LS.thumb.jpeg.82e25d9c1be9141c8eb661e36790d180.jpegLZS.thumb.jpg.1af92ff48b3d711fb492d4b809bd7e58.jpg

Hi Joe, is there a reason you went this route with the Heresy IV? I can better understand doing so with other Heresy models but that’s a fairly new speaker you have there designed for improved bass. Did you ever just consider doing a Forte instead? They take equally little real-estate and it’s all in one cabinet. Regards, —-daniel 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 11:11 AM, jjptkd said:

This was my 2nd set of H1's that I added Crites slanted risers on.

Heresy Riser.jpg

Heresy a.jpg

Heresy d.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 12:40 PM, klipschhornfan said:

What's a good inexpensive platform material to use under the speakers if I want a more solid foundation than the carpet?  How about concrete slab paverstone square?  Thanks.

Spiked feet.