12 Gauge wire on Woofers & 14 Gauge on K-402 Horns?

1 hour ago, djk said:

If thread direction were true, why did the lug-nuts get loose on my right front wheel (and not my left)?

Rust or a burr on the threads can easily fool a torque wrench into thinking the lug is properly torqued.

17 minutes ago, djk said:

The question was rhetorical (Monkey Wards forgot to torque them after mounting new tires).

Funny, i was one of the lead mechanics at a local Wards well before they went out of business.

Lots of stupid people in the world, i agree and hear where you are coming from.

3 minutes ago, jason str said:

Funny, i was one of the lead mechanics at a local Wards well before they went out of business.

Lots of stupid people in the world, i agree and hear where you are coming from.

This guy ordered new lug nuts and they were one size too large for his threads. I will let the video speak for itself:

" Funny, i was one of the lead mechanics at a local Wards well before they went out of business. "

Western Auto (Sears) was the worst (locally).

The Wards issue was a simple mistake, Western Auto was a huge fraud issue, multiple times.

A misteak (sic) can be forgiven, fraud is unforgivable (the Western Auto went out-of-business).

Thank You for all the replies! These are the connectors I went with. It was 'user error' insofar as not being able to get the connectors to work  Lol... I didn't realize that the banana plugs that I have going into my bass bins were adjustable. I didn't solder the connections but probably should. I hope the ones I have going into my horns are acceptable...    Bill 

20170723_010334_resized_3.jpg

20170723_010651_resized_2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 3:51 PM, djk said:

" Funny, i was one of the lead mechanics at a local Wards well before they went out of business. "

Western Auto (Sears) was the worst (locally).

The Wards issue was a simple mistake, Western Auto was a huge fraud issue, multiple times.

A misteak (sic) can be forgiven, fraud is unforgivable (the Western Auto went out-of-business).

We had employees slinging batteries and tires out the back door, eventually they were caught. The police rented a room across the street at the hotel and got it all on tape.

Each night, at quitting time, an employee walked a wheelbarrow filled with sawdust past the security guard, who would ask him to stop, so he could run his fingers through the sawdust.  Each night the guard found nothing but sawdust. After six months of these fruitless nightly sawdust sifting sessions, the employee retired.  At the pub celebrating the retirement, the guard bought the man a drink, told him he was still suspicious, and asked, "Just what were you stealing?"  To which the man replied, "Wheelbarrows."

• Like 2