Salt on watermelon: Yes or No

JBCODD

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Try this:  small cubes of watermelon, very thin slices of red onion, coarse chopped fresh mint, pinch of salt, very small pinch of black pepper.  mix together.  Surprise.

That's an interesting formula, I will try that.

I'd do salt on Watermelon.  Then again, I'd do salt on a salt-lick.

My wife had me try cheddar cheese on a pear.  The thought of it kind of grossed me out.  I'm not a big Pear eater anyway....but to put cheddar cheese on top?  (grated, not melted)

Tried it and I have to admit, I went "hmmmmmmm"  It wasn't as scary as I'd expected.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ACV92 said:

Nooo salt on watermelon.  About the only thing I use salt on are potatoes and red meat.  Ever tried a little sugar in the water when/if your boiling corn on the cob?  Makes it sweeter.

Mmmm... gotta try the sugar the next time I do corn on the cob.

P.S. No salt on watermelon. I eat it outside so I can spit the seeds indiscriminately.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hsosdrummer said:

Mmmm... gotta try the sugar the next time I do corn on the cob.

The real secret to good corn on the cob is to snap off the 2-3 inch piece of the stalk that is normally attached to the cob, throw those in the boiling water a minute or so before the corn.  That's where all/most of the corn sugars are stored.  Try it, you'll like it....

• Like 1