Salt on watermelon: Yes or No

JBCODD

3 hours ago, JBCODD said:

When in season, I finely chop a few figs and add them to the pasta gravy. These balance the splash of balsamic vinegar and add an interesting texture to the finished product. They also add magical antioxidant goodness, similar to oxygen free speaker cables.

(That should "stir the pot")

what's nice too. prosciutto wrapped black mission figs with gorgonzola

and balsamic reduction  

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You mean prosciutto with anything, or just a plate of prosciutto.  Put me in an Italian deli and I am like a kid in a candy store,. 

either or , on fresh baked bread , wraped melon ,wrap mozzarella balls.

served with wine...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You mean prosciutto with anything, or just a plate of prosciutto.  Put me in an Italian deli and I am like a kid in a candy store,. 

I remember the store we used to go to when I was little.  There were provolone balls hanging everywhere along with salami's and pepperoni's.  There was also a wooden barrel with a ladle hanging off of it do dip out oil cured olives.  Cans of olive oil and different pastas lined the shelves.  I loved the smell of that place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I remember the store we used to go to when I was little.  There were provolone balls hanging everywhere along with salami's and pepperoni's.  There was also a wooden barrel with a ladle hanging off of it do dip out oil cured olives.  Cans of olive oil and different pastas lined the shelves.  I loved the smell of that place.

anything like that in Texas Carl ?

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

and there's times you can't just go to one place..

get the bread here, get the tomato pie here, get the cheese here,

get the pastries here...

We used to stop at an Italian bakery as we walked home from middle school.  I think the garlic bread sticks we'd buy were a nickle.  They were always soft and hot.  My mouth would water when I'd walk through the door.  They even sold fesh pizza/bread dough by the pound there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

There was in Ft.Worth when I lived there back in the day.

I can't remember the last real Italian deli I've been in.  The store I was referring to wasn't considered a deli.  It was just a store.  These weren't specialty items rather normal groceries everyone kept in their homes.  Today it would be considered a treat, then it was just staples. 

• Like 1