Complete setup help setting it up.

tnycman

So i bough what a though was a complete setup, now that is time to get the wiring together I'm scratching my head trying to figure it out how to put them together.

The setup is a bit dated, but it fit the bill and will get ne going at a reasonable price.

Hoping someone had some experience with this setup. What I'm looking to find out if i can use all of then or all.

Well this is the item list:

Yamaha RX-V3900

Klipsch RSA-500

Episode e-1230 -A

Controll4 I/O extender

Controll4 Audio Matrix Suite

Controll4 HC-300

HTS 3600 Home Theater

Binary B-210-HDMatrix 4X4

Along with the projector, screen and in wall KL 7800 THX speakes..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That RSA is a subwoofer amp, and will only help you if you have a passive subwoofer.  I didn't see that item mentioned in your list.  The Yamaha RX-V3900 is a decent AVR, it should suit you well.  What subwoofer are you using, if any?  Do you have the speakers installed in the wall already?

• Like 1

Tman,

Quickly googling all of your list, it looks like a large amount of the equipment (all Control4 equip, Episode e-1230-a, and the Binary B-210) is ideal for setting up a whole home system (i.e. speakers in individual rooms) from a central location. Is that your plan or are you focused on a theatre room/2-channel room only? If not focused on a whole house set up, my opinion would be to sell off that equipment. Setting up a whole home system would ideally be done during new construction. I'm sure others (that probably understand this equipment better) will chime in.

Monster HTS 3600: This is your power conditioner. Plug it into the wall and then have all of the other components plugged into this unit. Supposed to protect against lighting strikes damaging your equipment and filters your power to components. Does this actually provide cleaner power to your components? probably. Is there an audible difference? that's up to your ears.

KL-7800THX - run speaker wires into the RX-V3900

RSA-500: Run the "Subwoofer Out" from your RX-V3900 to this and then connect your RW-5802 to the "speaker-in" on the RSA.

Congrats on your deal.

• Like 1

Wire for 7.4.4.  You will have trouble doing it later. Run a wire for subs at each wall about in the middle, or a run to each corner for a sub (2nd best location). 

That's very easy to do now, and i already have plenty of wires..

Tman,

Quickly googling all of your list, it looks like a large amount of the equipment (all Control4 equip, Episode e-1230-a, and the Binary B-210) is ideal for setting up a whole home system (i.e. speakers in individual rooms) from a central location. Is that your plan or are you focused on a theatre room/2-channel room only? If not focused on a whole house set up, my opinion would be to sell off that equipment. Setting up a whole home system would ideally be done during new construction. I'm sure others (that probably understand this equipment better) will chime in.

Monster HTS 3600: This is your power conditioner. Plug it into the wall and then have all of the other components plugged into this unit. Supposed to protect against lighting strikes damaging your equipment and filters your power to components. Does this actually provide cleaner power to your components? probably. Is there an audible difference? that's up to your ears.

KL-7800THX - run speaker wires into the RX-V3900

RSA-500: Run the "Subwoofer Out" from your RX-V3900 to this and then connect your RW-5802 to the "speaker-in" on the RSA.

Congrats on your deal.

Not looking to setup the entire house, just the HT only.. with that being the case, they will be listed on ebay soon..

Thanks for your input.

Let me know about control 4 stuff if not used. Might be interested. I have the EA-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think i need them, I'm only building a HT not multiple zones..