Speaker recommendations for 21x11 Home theater

kris001

Hello,

I am building my first home theater in basement and looking for some advice on choosing speaker system. I am looking for 5.1 but open for 7.1

I tried looking at some of the series' but not able to compare them side by side for deciding on any of them. Any expert recommendation will be great. My budget is around 1500-2000$

Thanks,
Krishna

Speaker recommendations will be all over the place because a lot of setups would work.  You are a bit far away for an invite to demo my Reference system, 2 1/2 hours or some where near there.  A Reference setup, RP, THX or an all Forte 5.1 system would be a blast.  These are just what comes to mind and would be great for music also.  How high is the ceiling?  Drop ceiling or Sheetrock will also affect the impact on the HT.  Is this a open or closed space?  Thearter seats or a regular furniture not on a riser are other considerations.  Count on getting at least two subwoofers for HT.  The more subs, the smaller foot prints needed for the speakers.  Basement can be a challenge.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kris001 said:

I am open for used but little skeptical being first time buyer

As you can see below, I certainly have no problem buying used Klipsch gear. Only new speakers were the RF-83's.

speaker-list-03-19-17.jpg

All of the speakers and electronics (except for the Panasonic AE8000u projector) in my theater room were purchased used.

My 2ch setup was purchased used

And my son's RF-7 setup was all purchased used.

On 5/10/2017 at 9:51 PM, derrickdj1 said:

Speaker recommendations will be all over the place because a lot of setups would work.  You are a bit far away for an invite to demo my Reference system, 2 1/2 hours or some where near there.  A Reference setup, RP, THX or an all Forte 5.1 system would be a blast.  These are just what comes to mind and would be great for music also.  How high is the ceiling?  Drop ceiling or Sheetrock will also affect the impact on the HT.  Is this a open or closed space?  Thearter seats or a regular furniture not on a riser are other considerations.  Count on getting at least two subwoofers for HT.  The more subs, the smaller foot prints needed for the speakers.  Basement can be a challenge.

Ceiling is 8' high. Adding a 6" tray around.

Closed space

Theater seats with riser for second row

3 seats per row

Third row a bar high counter top with bar stools towards rear wall for extra seating 

On 5/10/2017 at 11:19 PM, Youthman said:

As you can see below, I certainly have no problem buying used Klipsch gear. Only new speakers were the RF-83's.

speaker-list-03-19-17.jpg

All of the speakers and electronics (except for the Panasonic AE8000u projector) in my theater room were purchased used.

My 2ch setup was purchased used

And my son's RF-7 setup was all purchased used.

Thank you.. that helps to know

7 hours ago, kris001 said:

Ceiling is 8' high. Adding a 6" tray around.

Closed space

Theater seats with riser for second row

3 seats per row

Third row a bar high counter top with bar stools towards rear wall for extra seating 

Can you do an acoustically transparent screen or are you stuck with a center channel?  

On 5/10/2017 at 9:26 PM, kris001 said:

I tried looking at some of the series' but not able to compare them side by side for deciding on any of them. Any expert recommendation will be great. My budget is around 1500-2000$

What does this budget include?  I'm assuming speakers only but are you hoping to get a receiver or anything else?  

2 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Can you do an acoustically transparent screen or are you stuck with a center channel?  

What does this budget include?  I'm assuming speakers only but are you hoping to get a receiver or anything else?  

in the range of $2000 with receiver. I am inclined to center channel

Edited by kris001

Dedicated home theater, these days where there's a new line of RF7s coming soon I would jump on a pair of cheap RF7s as my starting point.

By the Fall when they release the new series, they will have a newly updated RF7, RC64 and R115SW.

That will make all the current ones cheaper and available as many people look to upgrade.

I might just try and get at least the RF7s and an RC64 (old versions) as soon as the new ones are out.