Value of 1996 Cornwalls ?

Robodude

6 hours ago, totalcomfort said:

50.00$ and I will pay shipp:Ding 

Thanks...buddy.  :rolleyes:

+++

There are more Cornwalls on the market than the CW2, but both are remarkedly close to the same AVG selling price.  CW1 $881, CW2 $908.

• Like 1

Replace the k-601's with k-61's in your CW2's and you probably won't want to sell them anymore!

Lower bass than the Chorus II's and no passive to fuss up placement. 

I did it to a pair of beat up CW1's that fell into my life and fully intend to cut my pristine WO CW2's and do the same. The CW1's (B-3 crossover), even with the recessed k-77 and k-33 sound so incredible I can't wait to see how the modified FLUSH mounted CW2's sound. 

That tractrix midrange improves imaging and detail so drastically it is hard to fathom how they weren't the squaker used in the CW3. No disrespect intended...

The pencil outline around the k-77 in the picture of the modded CW1's is where a k-79 (or k-107-ti) would slot right in. But the CW2's already HAVE the k-79!

With titanium drivers available for both the mids and tweeters, and the addition of a bandpass filter I would think they will be a tough act to follow.    

...Until Klipsch produces a dual 15" 2-way using the k-510 in a tower!

IMG_1361.thumb.JPG.715d4f694af01aa4a1f836e74e9b9b95.JPG

• Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 0:22 PM, geoff. said:

Replace the k-601's with k-61's in your CW2's and you probably won't want to sell them anymore!

Lower bass than the Chorus II's and no passive to fuss up placement. 

I did it to a pair of beat up CW1's that fell into my life and fully intend to cut my pristine WO CW2's and do the same. The CW1's (B-3 crossover), even with the recessed k-77 and k-33 sound so incredible I can't wait to see how the modified FLUSH mounted CW2's sound. 

That tractrix midrange improves imaging and detail so drastically it is hard to fathom how they weren't the squaker used in the CW3. No disrespect intended...

The pencil outline around the k-77 in the picture of the modded CW1's is where a k-79 (or k-107-ti) would slot right in. But the CW2's already HAVE the k-79!

With titanium drivers available for both the mids and tweeters, and the addition of a bandpass filter I would think they will be a tough act to follow.    

...Until Klipsch produces a dual 15" 2-way using the k-510 in a tower!

geoff - what does this have to do with price? :huh:

Robodude,

If you have a set of Cornwalls or any Klipsch speaker, you can ask any price you want.  Start with what has sold on E-bay.

Problem is that the price will be based on two major factors, where you live and condition.

If you live in Homestead Florida and have a pair of beater Cornwalls, good luck not giving them away.  If you live in the Mid-west US and they are pristine, you can ask good money for them, up where people that like to win auctions on E-bay just to say they won them at whatever cost will be able to be asked for the Cornwalls.

^^^^Agree^^^^, has everything to do with local market demand, condition and relative rarity.

When you say "pristine", you mean perfect.  Are they in fact "perfect"?  Not a scratch, nick, grill pull?

Are they walnut, oak, black?  It matters.

• Like 1

I agree with everything RT Fan and Jim had to say ^^^ and I would add another important factor that I think think is the most important factor; the motivation of the Seller, and how badly the Buyer wants this particular speaker.

+++

39 minutes ago, RT FAN said:

I offered my pair of stock 1997 CW II's, (7.5/10) to someone snooping around here for $600 and he passed. I thought I had priced them to move.

"Priced to move" ?

Man, that is a give-away price.  Fantastic price.  According to my numbers, the avg price for CW II is closer to $1000 and they don't come onto the market all that often.

• Like 1

Pzannucci, I am trying to figure out why anyone would sell a pair of perfectly good Cornwall 2's! Retirement? Downsizing? Permanent hearing loss...

Up here a "fair" condition pair of Cornwall 1's would be gone in a day at 1000 bucks. I know, because that is exactly how long it took to clear mine out when I landed a pair of Cornwall 2's.

Cornwall 2's are very scarce around these parts and well worth the price difference. I would expect at least 200 bucks more for a good pair, probably more.

But we have now crossed into hesitant buyer territory. They know they want them the minute they see them, yet they pray someone else will buy them before they convince themselves to take a kick at the can. 

Given the difference in currencies, I would be hard pressed to ask less than a grand (USD). And whomever buys them will have no problem reselling them for the same price, or more!

List them for a weekend at the price you WANT and if they don't sell pull the ad and try again in a week or two.

They are NOT going to depreciate. Cornwall 3's are not cheap, nothing new is.

• Like 2

if you want to run a small power amp go with a Cornwall or a Cornwall ll.  I would not trade a Cornwall or a Cornwall ll for a set of new in box cw3 if I had to keep them and listen to them, the cw3 with the k701 is a serious step backwards in my view. If you are willing to use some power then I would prefer a set of Chorus ll over a Cornwall or Cornwall ll. Remember that you can upgrade any of these. If you have the cash and don't want to bother I would suggest you take a hard look at Bob Crites's Cornscala D type loudspeaker. That would be my pick over any of these but it too like a Chorus ll will require some power. As they say YMMV and your opinion may differ.

On 5/14/2017 at 0:22 PM, geoff. said:

Pzannucci, I am trying to figure out why anyone would sell a pair of perfectly good Cornwall 2's! Retirement? Downsizing? Permanent hearing loss...

Up here a "fair" condition pair of Cornwall 1's would be gone in a day at 1000 bucks. I know, because that is exactly how long it took to clear mine out when I landed a pair of Cornwall 2's.

Sorry for previous dumb post but the Klipsch editor freaked out. 

Basically it depends on where you live, quality, and finish.  Where you live many times also implies a lifestyle type, such as apartment living.  Cornwalls are not everyone's favorite size and looks wise.  Maybe sound wise they are good but you still have to live with them.

I have seen many Cornwall / Cornwall 2s go for well under $1k.  It is a very particular person who buys certain speakers, just like a Corvette in Northern Canada or high mountains where there is snow on the ground a good portion of the year.

I myself would not pay $1k for Cornwalls or Cornwall 2s.  I have sold a pair of pristine 2's for $650 and was happy.  So as others say, it also depends on the motivation of the purchaser and the seller.