Streamer/server

Schu

I am looking for some suggestions on a WIRED stream/music server... I am not finding exactly what I am looking for although the Sony HAPZ1ES is about as close as I can find for now.

I want a dedicated HD with proprietary software and a digital output that I can use an external DAC with (the sony doesn't have a digital output that bypasses the internal DAC).

I dont want a computer running Jriver.

10/4... I did try and look at the Auralic but didnt see what I was looking for in as far as proprietary software.

that is the leg up by Sony... it uses it's own software scheme to rip the songs from any HD to it's DSD system. if it had a digital output  I would have bought one already. I think rodney already tried the sony also, but my pain threshold is much much lower than his. I may just go ahead and try the sony direct into the NSB as second input.

well... some where around $1000 would be ideal... the sony ($2000, unless I buy used... then it's affordable) sets me back quite a bit and is really stretching it for a single stand alone unit in this particular system.