New to me Klipsch RF-63

Just wanted share a good experience i had with forum member joeloster.  After seeing his ad in the garage sale section we worked out a deal for me to come pickup his cherry RF-63 speakers.  After carrying these speakers up his stairs and down mine i can attest that these are some monster speakers!  Joe described these speakers well and they are in beautiful shape.  I actually like the real wood veneer with the plastic front baffles, i think the future RF-7iii speakers will show well.  I was immediately impressed with the sound of these speakers.  The mids and highs meet my expectations of flagship speaker.  I think the biggest downfall of this speaker is the depth of it.  They are in my workout room and for them to fit the best i can not give the adequate space from the wall they need for bass reproduction.  I guess i do not have a whole lot to say except that these are well made speakers with a beautiful look and great sound, i am definitely sold on flagship klipsch speakers.

IMG_0338.JPG

• Like 1

Congrats on the cherry 63's and glad to hear you had a smooth transaction.  

4 hours ago, BluBitRates said:

I was immediately impressed with the sound of these speakers.  The mids and highs meet my expectations of flagship speaker.

As you and many on the forum know, I have raved about the RF-63's since the day I bought mine almost exactly 9 years ago.  IMO, the 63's are pretty special that perform way above their price point.

4 hours ago, BluBitRates said:

I think the biggest downfall of this speaker is the depth of it.

They are ridiculously deep aren't they.

5 hours ago, BluBitRates said:

They are in my workout room and for them to fit the best i can not give the adequate space from the wall they need for bass reproduction.

I have mine about 11 inches from the front wall and the bass response is pretty spot on.  Looks like yours are about 7 inches maybe?

Bill

4 hours ago, willland said:

Congrats on the cherry 63's and glad to hear you had a smooth transaction.  

As you and many on the forum know, I have raved about the RF-63's since the day I bought mine almost exactly 9 years ago.  IMO, the 63's are pretty special that perform way above their price point.

They are ridiculously deep aren't they.

I have mine about 11 inches from the front wall and the bass response is pretty spot on.  Looks like yours are about 7 inches maybe?

Bill

I have room to pull them out another 4". I will experiment.  I am running them on an emotiva A-300 and i think they would be happy with more power.  Just need to find a black pair for my upstairs now :D

14 minutes ago, BluBitRates said:

i think they would be happy with more power.

Here you go.;)

IMG_0003.JPG

When I first got my RF-63's, I was only using my Onkyo TX-SR705 AVR to drive them.  I then added a B&K Reference 4430 at 200w/ch to the mix.  Definitely opened the 63's up.  When I replaced the B&K with my current Acurus amps, all things improved noticeably especially with bass drive.  They took on a fast and punchy and detailed neutral characteristic that the B&K just did not produce.  Don't misunderstand the B&K did sound good with it's "warmish" tone but was a bit too relaxed and not as aggressive in the way the Acurus was able to really squeeze out what the 63's were capable of.

Bill

24 minutes ago, BluBitRates said:

I have room to pull them out another 4". I will experiment.  I am running them on an emotiva A-300 and i think they would be happy with more power.  Just need to find a black pair for my upstairs now :D

Wow, you've been busy!  Have fun.

6 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:
9 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

As someone said: They are the best 3 way sounding 2 way speakers I have ever heard.  

That someone was Bill!

Congrats on the 63 purchase, Blu.  I've love to hear that model someday.

Yeah, and too many times.:rolleyes:  But it's true, IMO.

Bill

1 hour ago, Shodrewken said:

How do they compare with the RF-7 II's?

It has been so long since i have had my RF-7ii that i can not do a comparison.  I enjoy a full range speaker without a subwoofer so i think i would like the bass of the Two 10" woofers better.  The only comparison i can make is with the RF-62ii and it is a very noticeable upgrade more in the high and midrange.  I still need to expirament more for the bass to cone out in my 63s.