Marantz AV7702 MkII 7.1 CH Processor & MM7055 5-CH Power Amplifier

carlthess40

Does anyone have first hand knowledge and experience with the system

not someone who's read up on it Or someone who has seen it in the store

But someone who actually owns one and uses it and so forth . I'd like to know how good is this auto set up system for it I'm gonna start off with the 7.1 system possibly using up to three subwoofers

IMG_2818.PNGIMG_2822.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the MKii for a few months. Def want to use the Audussey setup, especially if you have sensitive speakers. Coming from a receiver with only three seating positions during setup, i tried doing only the first 3 of the 8 that the MKii permits. But finding the time and and quiet to all eight really made a big difference, even in a relatively small space.

Dont get me wrong, it sounds fine w/o calibration. But it's strengths are enhanced with calibration. In fact, there is no real disadvantage to doing the calibration, because you can thereafter disable the the results for each source. For example, disabling the calibrations setting on the phono input keeps the setting intact for the other sources, which was a feature I was not aware of before purchase.

Specifically, the auto setup really tightened up the base from my two subs, as well as from my mains (which also put out a lot base). Because i have very sentive speakers, The MKii set my subs too low, and they would not keep up with my mains at high volume. I therefore had to manually up the volume of the subs. It does a good job at eq for the subs though.

With 7.1 setup, I would think calibration could only benefit your listening experience. Mine is 3.2 because I am still trying to figure out how to integrate side and rear channels that is kid proof, w/o ripping into walls or doing ceiling mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From amps, across the floor (baseboard), up a corner, across the ceiling molding, down a corner, across the floor, and out to the Khorns

I bought it at an electrical supply store in El Dorado. Take a piece of your wire with you so you're certain that it will fit as it's bent at corners.

SSH