Buy Now Or Wait Till Fall

edison

• Moderators

Congrats on the purchase.  Let us know how they sound after you've had a chance to listen to them for awhile and play with their position.  Slight changes (even an inch) can completely change how they sound.

• Like 1

My system before and after.  I had to delete the original pics and repost. Notice the light switch over the right speaker.

Before:

adjusted3.jpg.42ab3bbc34925c27e2a6b50530b3d475.jpg

Light switch disappears with the RF7s.

5929b0f9c4d38_RF7IIx5.JPG.ca720e834482335d6d7fb2b58a2aba11.JPG

Unboxing was a breeze with my son on hand to help.  Getting them in the house was the real problem.  Luckily I had a hand truck for transport from the garage.  I've watched folks unbox on YouTube and they clearly put too much effort into it.  LOL  Open where it says open, put the feet on, flip it, slide the box off.  I like to keep my boxes in case I have to transport the speakers so I didn't want to cut them up. Of course now I have enough cardboard in my garage to start a shipping business.  Not to mention the pallet the RF7s and RC64 shipped on.  Finally, I put the figurines on top of the speakers as a concession to she who must not be named. 

edison

• Like 3

Congrats on the purchase.  Let us know how they sound after you've had a chance to listen to them for awhile and play with their position.  Slight changes (even an inch) can completely change how they sound.

I know some question speaker break-in, but my 7IIs definitely sound smoother after a few hours playing full range. And it's not that I've gotten use to the sound. Some of my music I've heard 30 -40 years on many different platforms and I think I know how they should sound. [emoji16] The harshness I initially heard has definitely diminished. I think I'll keep them. [emoji5] My system is working into shape.
edison

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk