NAD amps with Reference line

LittleSaint

In the HT forum I asked about a good 3-channel amp for the reference series. If I don't go that route I'm looking at matching a NAD 208THX to my RF-3s and a 2400THX to the center, with a Pioneer Elite receiver taking care of the rest.

Any opinions on NAD amps and the Reference series, or recommendations on other 2 or 3 channel amps.

LittleSaint

As far as I know, NAD makes a fine amp. Are you able to go to a local dealer and listen to one? -- Or better yet, take it home for a test trial. I know a fair amount about McIntosh amps, but they are rather pricey! Sidenote: (McIntosh amps and Klipsch Heritage series are an AWSOME combo!)

I had a bad experience with Adcom, but I hear many people are satisfied with their Adcom. I finally gave up on the whole seperate amp thing a year ago. I am pleased with my Denon.

------------------

RF-3's : mains

RC-3 : center

RS-3's : surrounds

KSW10 X 2 : subwoofers

Receiver: Denon 2801

DVD: Panasonic DVD-A120

CD: Yamaha CDC-765

Cables: Tributaries

Sat Receiver: Hughes Direct-TV DD5.1

• 2 weeks later...

I currently own a NAD 2200 as well as a NAD 5000 monitor series CD Transport, and I must say the quality of both pieces is very good for the price... Clean, simple, and powerful... I haven't run out of volume on the NAD 2200 yet... Currently it is residing on a set of McIntosh ML-1C's, however I have used it on a set of RF-3's recently, and the results were outstanding... The slight harshness that the RF-3's exhibit on a Denon receiver or the like, disappears when on the 2200, and especially when on a high quality SET style tube amplifier... Good luck, happy listening! =)

------------------

-Klifton