Price Check Please: Pioneer SC-75

Rivernuggets

Is $500 shipped a good deal on a Pioneer SC-75 in like new condition with all the accessories included?  This receiver is from 2013 I believe.  I've been wanting to try one of the Pioneer Elite receivers with their digital D3 amps.

Please weigh in with your thoughts.  Thanks!

• Moderators

I can only find a price like that on ebay, even accessories for less don't have that model but the SC 85 for $200 more and the SC 91 for  $100 more.

Looks a good deal.

I just tried a OLD Pioneer ( VSX 82 thx) for the first time a week ago, and I do like the sound, good luck.

• Moderators

I went back and looked at the one on ebay, if that's the one your looking at it looks to be a great deal, very clean and taken care of, it looks like new. Even the reason for it's sale is believable, that's how it goes usually, buy something for $1000 now and make a change in one year and it sells for half the price.  

Me I would buy that one, wish I had the extra money a couple weeks ago when I bought one much older for $100, but not complaining, couldn't spend another 4.

33 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Is $500 shipped a good deal on a Pioneer SC-75 in like new condition with all the accessories included?  This receiver is from 2013 I believe.  I've been wanting to try one of the Pioneer Elite receivers with their digital D3 amps.

Please weigh in with your thoughts.  Thanks!

I don't know if this is a fair way to gauge but look at this.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/pionsc85/pioneer-elite-sc-85-9.2-ch-x-135-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

Bill

1 hour ago, Rivernuggets said:

Thanks for the price checks and cross referencing, guys.  Leaning towards purchasing......my Dad's words always echo at these times, "Think about it at least overnight before purchasing".

Tom Petty had it right, though!

Seems expensive to me.  I sold my sc-77 in mint condition with mic and remote locally for $350 locally.  Offered it for that price plus shipping on the forum here.  I found the on screen display and setup to be cumbersome.  Loved me my vsx-45tx back in the day.  I may be more skewed as i am more into stereo lately

49 minutes ago, BluBitRates said:

Offered it for that price plus shipping on the forum here.

Aaaaaand I was ready with funds.  That was a great deal I was sad to miss.

Thanks for weighing in.  I agree that $500 might be high considering how the processing part of a receiver can fall behind quick.  However, these Pioneer Elite's seem to hold their value better than others out there. 

On 5/15/2017 at 8:04 PM, Rivernuggets said:

Looks like I waited too long.  That SC-75 on Eslay sold.  If anyone is looking to sell their SC-75, 77, or 97, I'm interested.

Thanks.

Edit: Careful of the sc-5x and sc-6x models which have had higher failure rates.  

At $500 that SC 75 would walk over most new avr's  in the $5-700 range.  I still have my SC 35 and will not sell it for less than $350.  I will just keep it as a good backup avr.  Sometimes waiting for a rock bottom price you miss a good deal.

2 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

At $500 that SC 75 would walk over most new avr's  in the $5-700 range.  I still have my SC 35 and will not sell it for less than $350.  I will just keep it as a good backup avr.  Sometimes waiting for a rock bottom price you miss a good deal.

Always good to have backup gear, just in case!

I try to keep a lid on impulsive buying, but at the same time was bummed this one got away.  The hunt continues.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Always good to have backup gear, just in case!

I try to keep a lid on impulsive buying, but at the same time was bummed this one got away.  The hunt continues.

Agree with all your comments ^^^.

This is the time of year the new AVR's amps etc come out.  I've always found it a good time to buy a decent late model used AVR as people upgrade to the latest Atmos supported AVR's, etc.

The key is to make up your mind what models you want beforehand, set your price point, then when the right deal comes along, don't think, just pull the trigger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

This is the time of year the new AVR's amps etc come out.  I've always found it a good time to buy a decent late model used AVR as people upgrade to the latest Atmos supported AVR's, etc.

The key is to make up your mind what models you want beforehand, set your price point, then when the right deal comes along, don't think, just pull the trigger.

Thanks Dave, that's great advice.  A methodical way of making a good deal happen.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Thanks Dave, that's great advice.  A methodical way of making a good deal happen.

You can probably guess I came to that the hard way.  I've lost good deals due to "paralysis by analysis."  I have stories.

LOTS of them.  :(

+++

AVSforums.com seems to have an active Classified section with a wide selection of gear.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-audio-gear/

• Like 1