FS- Original Forte 2 tweeter diaphragms, pair

ACM

I replaced the diaphragms in my Forte 2's with Bob's titanium version. I've sold the Forte's and now have no use for the original diaphragms. They are fully functional and fit a lot of the later heritage/extended heritage models like the heresy 2, forte 1&2, Chorus 1&2, I believe all of the KLF series and more. 

How about $40 for the pair shipped to the lower 48? 

What is the diaphragm material? Looks like aluminized phenolic - I've never seen one like this!

Maybe I should pull my Forte' II tweeter horns and have a look inside!

How would you describe the sonic comparison w/Crites' titaniums?

19 hours ago, HiFi Heaven said:

What is the diaphragm material? Looks like aluminized phenolic - I've never seen one like this!

Maybe I should pull my Forte' II tweeter horns and have a look inside!

How would you describe the sonic comparison w/Crites' titaniums?

I can't say for certain what material they are made from. There is a woven fabric pattern. I've always assumed they are phenolic. Everything Ive read indicated that's what the Forte's came with from Klipsch. The Forte's these came from were made in 1989. 

The difference in sound doesn't really change the overall sound of the speaker but it is noticeable. When I first installed the Ti diaphragms I listened for an evening and ended up going back to the factory diaphragms. I felt like I could hear a metallic sound that was not there with the originals. After going back to the originals, I noticed the tweeters seemed to lose composure at high volumes compared to the Ti diaphragms. At the time, I had a pair of smooth and accurate monitors so the Klipsch were my crank it up, rock and roll speakers. So I decided to leave the Ti diaphragms in. In my opinion, the factory are smoother and blend with the other drivers better at low to moderate volumes. The Ti diaphragms do a much better job at moderate to as loud as you can stand. I also think that the Ti may be preferable to those that have significant hearing loss in the high frequencies.