Goodyby mp3?

wvu80

16 hours ago, Schu said:

my sony's are good to 100k... ( 4-100,000Hz )

I had in mind CHEAP headphones that come plastic wrapped on a piece of cardboard.  I tried several my daughter and her friends had a few years ago, and they were all terrible.  Maybe they have improved; hope so.  BTW, how much did your Sonys cost?

5 hours ago, garyrc said:

I had in mind CHEAP headphones that come plastic wrapped on a piece of cardboard.  I tried several my daughter and her friends had a few years ago, and they were all terrible.  Maybe they have improved; hope so.  BTW, how much did your Sonys cost?

I think you can find the z7 for around $500. The 70mm driver is the same that is in sony's flagship $2200 z1

• Like 1

I found this article recently. This guy does mastering and engineering for a living. His comments on MP3s are very revealing. It explains, somewhat, how the loudness wars have contributed to the horrible sound quality of the streaming MP3 world. I have MP3s that I have made, and personally, I can tolerate them, but I haven't tried it with newer released albums.

Bruce

https://www.justmastering.com/article-mixingformp3.php