Advice for a Newbie

Molly

I was recently gifted a brand new pair of Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-140SA add on speakers.

Can I hook these up to my Roland workstation to use as studio monitors?

Please educate me on why or why not.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Molly
typo

• Moderators

I'm not sure try checking Monoprice, they may have them. The only thing is you may need the real name of the connectors, I don't think they are really called what you said ? They have almost every type of adaptor or cable. Not sure what your talking about with a spade fork cable ? Is that just like the single piece that is like a double banana plug connection just in one piece ? 

https://www.monoprice.com/

• Moderators

Is this what your calling "  quarter inch to spade fork cable "

If this is what it is I can't find an adaptor, just not sure if 1/4" is NL4 , (NL4 is the bottom pic) sorry, maby a place that sells stuff for musicians where this plug is used more ?

I have heard of people changing out these connectors on the back of pro speakers to other connections but you really can't change out that on a workstation, I guess

The top pic would just be a double banana connector, two singles would work if you can convert to the other end connection. 

The bottom pic is what they call NL4 1/4"29441.jpg

6015501.jpg

So I looked up Roland workstations. It seems it has 1/4inch TRS connections for Monitor outs. You would need to get an amplifier to have the speakers work in this configuration. So it would go TRS Main or Aux Out - Amplifier (doesn't have to be overly expensive) should keep it XLR ins since TRS is balanced from my understanding - To Banana Plugs for the speakers. 

So to make it work you would need

TRS to XLR or RCA cables
Amplifier with XLR or RCA input and Binding Posts outs
Speaker wire to the speakers