Help with finding an album

paulbiglane

Good day sir back in 1976 Klipsch Pro was a big thing in the New Orleans area a Salesman came to a distributor of Klipsch in Gretna and played an album that had a flute Concerto in it that produced enough sound pressure that actually cause you to fall to your knees because of equilibrium,, pressure. My question is is there anybody left from back in the days can tell me what the name of that album was they were ran through a pair of LSi with a crown DC amp I've searched around and I cannot find it thank you for any input you can give me on this

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Okay, I understand that you're trying to trace down what a could have been a demo used Klipsch salesmen.  This is in contrast to some wacky questions we get like, "I heard an album but can't remember the name."

But as a wild guess based on little information let me suggest Rampal and Bolling.  The album was big in that time period.  Very good.  light jazz.  OTOH it is not quite up to screaming flutes bringing the listener to his knees.

In rock, Jethro Tull, used flute.  "Thick as a Brick" is a rocker but not too much flute.  

OTOH, "Bouree" by Tull, using flute, is a jazzed up version of Bach.

.  I'd suggest you row around YouTube for more Tull.  You might find your tune.

WMcD

• Like 3

Okay, I understand that you're trying to trace down what a could have been a demo used Klipsch salesmen.  This is in contrast to some wacky questions we get like, "I heard an album but can't remember the name."

But as a wild guess based on little information let me suggest Rampal and Bolling.  The album was big in that time period.  Very good.  light jazz.  OTOH it is not quite up to screaming flutes bringing the listener to his knees.

In rock, Jethro Tull, used flute.  "Thick as a Brick" is a rocker but not too much flute.  

[/url]

WMcD

Thank you for your response this was classical music album I'm going to keep searching and try some of your suggestions y'all have a great day

This one is quite likely since it was a very popular classical album at that time:

A1cPY6iqZqL._SY355_.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Bach-Jean-Pierre-Rampal-The-Complete-Flute-Sonatas/release/3318439

Also found as part of a larger set of sonatas from other composers on CD:

https://smile.amazon.com/Jean-Pierre-Rampal-Flute-Enchantée/dp/B000002ST6/

This recording is produced in stereo format--but was actually in mono--and has significant mastering EQ that would do what you mentioned ("...produced enough sound pressure that actually cause you to fall to your knees because of equilibrium pressure").  Of the famous Bach flute sonata recordings, this one still draws me to its interpretations and style more than more recent (and much better recorded) versions by other musicians.

Chris

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Chris A said:

This one is quite likely since it was a very popular classical album at that time:

A1cPY6iqZqL._SY355_.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Bach-Jean-Pierre-Rampal-The-Complete-Flute-Sonatas/release/3318439

This recording is produced in stereo format--but was actually in mono--and has significant mastering EQ that would do what you mentioned ("...produced enough sound pressure that actually cause you to fall to your knees because of equilibrium pressure").  Of the famous Bach flute sonata recordings, this one still draws me to its interpretations and style more than more recent (and much better recorded) versions by other musicians.

Chris

Which track or movement?  Any one in particular?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Which track or movement?  Any one in particular?

It's present in the first track (Sonata in B minor, BWV1030 -I. Andante) toward the end of the track.

But it's also present in most of the louder tracks:

• B major BWV1033 II.Adagio,
  • E major BWV1035 I. Adagio ma non tanto,
  • E major BWV1035 III.Siciliano,
  • etc.

The reason for the "pressurization" is boosted highs on all the album's tracks--especially from 1 kHz to 10 kHz, and ramping attenuation of lows below 450 Hz.

Chris

• Like 1

A1cPY6iqZqL._SY355_.jpg

Chris

Thanks Chris that is what I'm looking for. .I will start looking for the album you mentioned. ..when they demonstrated it was 76..it was 20 watts with a pair of lascala could do..thanks again. ..take care..

• Like 1

Good day sir back in 1976 Klipsch Pro was a big thing in the New Orleans area a Salesman came to a distributor of Klipsch in Gretna and played an album that had a flute Concerto in it that produced enough sound pressure that actually cause you to fall to your knees because of equilibrium,, pressure. My question is is there anybody left from back in the days can tell me what the name of that album was they were ran through a pair of LSi with a crown DC amp I've searched around and I cannot find it thank you for any input you can give me on this

I would like to thank you all for your feedback /response expecially mr. Chris... a little bit about my system I have the poor man's Holy Grail 1976 K horns with a pair of 1991 LS lsi's in a 14 by 14 live room one pair of 1960 Mark fours all original with 7576 fat bottle 3-hole Sylvania s a 1968 St 78 running XF2 mullard, a mid 60 Mark 3 running kt88 genalex also have a German collection..
1964 / 65 Telefunken opus 5550 MX 1964 65 nordmende a tannhauser and a 3004 C...dba093e2e502d23e7511b6b8ba353ea1.jpg448bc3646397498a832d515b023c5dc1.jpg564c016462657d4a6190541f24dc2796.jpga054b5ee19bfdb243da18c89f9e3054b.jpg49c1c7e387bcd3d45952cb07cf504660.jpg

• Like 1

[/url]

WMcD

Thanks for your feedback I posted part of my system. ..

A1cPY6iqZqL._SY355_.jpg

Chris

What do think of my pieces? And you nailed it..

6 minutes ago, paulbiglane said:

What do think of my pieces?

I bet it it sounds very "live" on good recordings...and beats the crud out of anything else that you've heard out of a "monkey coffin". 

A recommendation: try placing a double layer of thick, soft, fuzzy material across the tops of the La Scalas and listen again for clarity and focus.  It's cheap and easy to try, and if you don't like, it, it's easy to undo.

Enjoy!

Chris

• Like 1

On 5/19/2017 at 7:15 PM, WMcD said:

WMcD

I have been looking for that Suite for flute & jazz piano album for years, dad used to play the album at times when i was a kid.

The album cover i remembered, names not so much.

I'm not really into jazz much at all but that " Javanaise" is good (starts near 13 minutes).  Will give the whole album a second listen later.

Thank's for posting.

I bet it it sounds very "live" on good recordings...and beats the crud out of anything else that you've heard out of a "monkey coffin". 

A recommendation: try placing a double layer of thick, soft, fuzzy material across the tops of the La Scalas and listen again for clarity and focus.  It's cheap and easy to try, and if you don't like, it, it's easy to undo.

Enjoy!

Chris

U haven't steered me wrong yet I will give it a try. ..I use my telefunken and sb1&sb2s for my reference /lab...keep in touch. ..I b pissing the neighbors off meantime. .gotta luv it..