Tube amp on top of LaScallas

Innocent_George

looks cool but can do nothing good,  at worst you will pick up the vibrations as tubes always are a little micro-phonic and at best you will vibrate components that dont really like it.   put them somewhere else.  T

You should also be sure the amp chassis can't pick up vibrations from the sound field of the speakers themselves, or that what you sit them on isn't going to pick up vibrations from the floor (unless you are on concrete).  Of course, this is very level dependent.  It's very unlikely that vibration will make a non-microphonic tube microphonic, however.

Maynard  

I've had tubes in some stage performance amps for over a decade, no problems.  A few have seen regular 2.5 hour gigs at fairly high volume.  

If you hear the effect of the amp sitting on the speaker, then there's a definite problem.  Compare, it may require that.  

EL84 filaments are particularly bad for 'singing' audibly with vibration, many an instrument combo amp with EL84's have 'extra sonics'.  

I've heard all that rubber stuff leaves marks on the veneer if it's left there for too long. I bought a second Sanus AV stand to go along with my first. Thinking of putting an amp on each next to the speaker and have my RC64 in between them.

Room has to play double duty till I move into a house as a "ht" and stereo system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That is a valid concern about the veneer!  

I'd put my equipment on a side wall and away from the speaker if I could.  I get a better sound stage without any equipment in the middle.  Can't always do that however.

• Like 2