Smaller than a 402, bigger than a 510, probably with mumps

Islander

Is there a horn like that available?

I noticed a mention of such a horn a few weeks ago.  Does anyone know if it was just idle conversation, or is such a horn in development or production?  It would be good to upgrade from the 510s, but the 402s are bigger than the La Scala II cabinets they'd be sitting on.  They'd even block some of the light coming into the room with the layout of my system.

Your problem is basically the same one that I have: size restrictions...albeit as a center between Jubilees in my case.

If you're considering DIY...that's the rationale for a multiple entry horn based on the K-402, replacing the La Scala or Belle bass bin and having the same timbre with better midbass coverage than the Jubs--not requiring corner placement.  The size of the entire loudspeaker with box is actually smaller than your La Scala/K-510 combination. and can be oriented horizontally or vertically without any issue associated with rotating the higher frequency patterns relative to the bass bin, since the sound is coaxial/point source. (Oriented vertically, the loudspeaker aims upward naturally due to its angled box sides). 

The La Scala bass bins are extremely good, but having controlled directivity without polar coverage disruptions or folding  throughout the midbass, midrange, and treble frequencies is something that you should probably hear for yourself.  It sounds like its big brother--only more cohesive.

There is a "Brand X" that presently makes multiple entry horns of the size and performance, but they are much more expensive (up to $8K US) than the DIY one identified above. This brand's used units are really difficult to find--and at reasonable prices.

One way to do this without having to build the boxes is to acquire a pair of KPT-305 midbass modules (new or used) and modify--as I did. You could also reuse your K-69-A compression drivers in this design (like I did).  The active crossover settings are already available from "yours truly". ;)

Chris