Getting inside a Icon VF36 floorspeaker for repair

Kent

Hi all - I have a pair of VF36 floorstanding speakers and one of them needs repair. The lower woofer isn't functioning and it obviously could be either the driver or the crossover. Since the front grill is not removable and access cannot be made via the crossover / connector panel I'm asking what the secret is to open the box and gain access to the inside of the VF36 floorspeaker. I presume they are not simply disposable and there must be a technique for gaining access to the interior. 

Thanks - 

Kent

• 6 years later...

Just wondering how you turned out on this project?. I to am having issues with my Icon VF36 but its the tweeter i've fount it to probably be the crossover since the tweeter is fine as for service the woofers should come out the front and you would probably unplug them and test them that way if you found the problem to be the crossover I'm looking to find one as they are probably not repairable.

2 hours ago, wokbelly1 said:

Just wondering how you turned out on this project?. I to am having issues with my Icon VF36 but its the tweeter i've fount it to probably be the crossover since the tweeter is fine as for service the woofers should come out the front and you would probably unplug them and test them that way if you found the problem to be the crossover I'm looking to find one as they are probably not repairable.

Click on the OP’s username and you’ll find the last time they were on the forum…