Klipschorn 70th anniversary located in CT 99.9% mint

AaronB123

This is more of a post to see what kind of interest there would be for these. As many of you know I purchased the 70th anniversary K-horns not too long ago and then pretty quickly upgraded to the Jubilee's. I doubt the K-horns even have 10 hours of play time on them honestly. They have been sitting in storage for months now and I've been debating selling them or keeping them but I really don't see any use in keeping them truthfully. 

As I said they are brand new and I paid 12k for them One of them has a slight chip in the baseboard from moving them. Very small I will post pictures but with all considered I was thinking around a 10k asking price. I do still have all original paperwork of course but I do not have the boxes. Shipping is really not an option because it would be too expensive and risky without the boxes but I do have a truck and I could deliver within a reasonable distance. 

I know the asking price is high but I did just buy them and honestly I'd rather just keep them than let them go for any less.  

Oh ya and as many of you know the serial numbers are not sequential it's off by one number. Haha, the more I think about it I'm probably better off just keeping them but you never know I mean the serial number's obviously don't affect sound but I know that's very important to some. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I believe that's the longest time between original post and a bump I've seen!

Probably not in a huge hurry to get rid of those beauties, I would feel the same way. 

Imagine if you sealed them away for 30 years, then put them up for sale, people would be fighting over them.

Good luck either way Aaron, you have 2 pairs of the nicest speakers Klipsch has ever made.

Trade ya for a pair of 60th Anniversary Khorns ;-)
I feel your pain, I have the 60th, which I love, but I moved and my new house doesn't have a good room to fit them in.  But I also don't want to get rid of them, they are simply beautiful and sound awesome.  I love having the enclosed backs - they don't have to sit in a corner.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2017 at 2:23 PM, emmvette said:

Trade ya for a pair of 60th Anniversary Khorns ;-)
I feel your pain, I have the 60th, which I love, but I moved and my new house doesn't have a good room to fit them in.  But I also don't want to get rid of them, they are simply beautiful and sound awesome.  I love having the enclosed backs - they don't have to sit in a corner.

Ya I know plus it's very risky moving them without damaging them. 

• 4 weeks later...

Aaron where are you located.  I am actually considering doing 3 khorns up front and the single vintage mono setup in my dining room.  which the sealed backs on the 60th and 70th would work perfectly.  that or opt for the TSCM... its a stretch . thanks!

1 hour ago, SubOhm said:

I am actually considering doing 3 khorns up front

I have never heard of anybody doing that, so congratulations for thinking outside the box.  :emotion-21:

I've heard 3 La Scalas up front, I bet 3 Khorns would sound incredible.

But then, it appears he did have six Klipschorns at one time...

On 1/9/2008 at 9:55 AM, Q-Man said:

I built a pair, because I read that this was one speaker that got it right. I loaded it with Klipschorn networks and drivers to compare it to the Klipschorn. 50 Hz and below it makes the Klipschorn sound like a book shelf speaker. It pounds you with clean bass, and it's cool how the bass also exits around the midrange and tweeter horns. I measured it with warble test tones and a Rat Shack sound level meter. I think it was about 6 db louder at 50 Hz on down to 25 or 30 Hz., where the Klipschorn doesn't even go. It could be a speaker to die for with a little tweaking.

Someday I may get rid of my six Klipschorns and go Imperial. First, I would need to get one of the speakers to John Warren or someone close to me who is capable of measuring it, and figurings out the best 15" woofer to use in it. Maybe the K-33 is ok to use? I have to look it up, but the bass horn is good to 600 or 700 Hz. That means it would be easier to find a good midrange driver and horn for it. You could even go two way with this bass horn. Maybe I should bite the bullet and gat one to John.

It is also easier to build then a Klipschorn.