Motorcycle Racer Nicky Hayden In Serious Condition

Ceptorman

It is amazing and sad how guys like this risk their lives on a regular basis and rarely see a scratch yet the perils of everyday life jump out to bite them. Look at former F1 champ Michael Schumacher. Skiing with his son, hits his head on a boulder and has been bed ridden since. And no one really knows his condition as the family has put a clamp on it since day one. They basically built a mini-hospital for his 24/7 care. And even with his hundreds of millions his wife was forced to start liquidating some big ticket items. 

Best for Nicky - an American motorcycle icon.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2017 at 2:15 PM, richieb said:

Look at former F1 champ Michael Schumacher. Skiing with his son, hits his head on a boulder and has been bed ridden since.

It was reported that the helmet mount of the Go Pro camera, when impacted just-right, caused unusually high stress concentration that directly attributed to Micheal's helmet failing or fracturing.  I believe the family is still trying to sue GoPro.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I keep looking on RRW, hoping to read good news. 

That's the only credible site that had updated anything since it all started. 

I remember Earl always standing in the family area behind the pits at Indy. He just wanted to talk with the people. If you stood there long enough, you would eventually meet his whole family. He would wear a matching team shirt to Nicky's, except for one year when the AMA was the supporting series for the US GP races, Earl wore a custom race shirt for Nicky's Ducati, Tommy's Suzuki, and Tommy's team.

• Like 1