La Scala risers

jason str

Figured i would show off the La Scala risers. They have a slight angle built in as well so the horns were not aimed at my belly, stained to match the Birch mains.

Still have to veneer the subwoofer but as far as sound goes its done and i could not be happier with the outcome.

Pardon the dust and uneven lighting.

canon 003.JPG

• Like 2

they look great, could be standard/factory klipsch LS risers.

would you be kind enough to show the blueprints and how you stained the wood to match birch?

that sub is kinda scary though ;-)

i'd love to see your table tuba, too

Edited by heavyP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jason str said:

Figured i would show off the La Scala risers. They have a slight angle built in as well so the horns were not aimed at my belly, stained to match the Birch mains.

Still have to veneer the subwoofer but as far as sound goes its done and i could not be happier with the outcome.

Pardon the dust and uneven lighting.

canon 003.JPG

how does it sound now.?

33 minutes ago, jason str said:

Sounds great, i was getting to much tweeter with them on the ground. Now the top section blends very nice, i was almost going to adjust the crossover again but now its perfect.

what mods did you do..how is the lf response ?

19 hours ago, heavyP said:

they look great, could be standard/factory klipsch LS risers.

would you be kind enough to show the blueprints and how you stained the wood to match birch?

that sub is kinda scary though ;-)

i'd love to see your table tuba, too

The risers are the same width and depth as the cabinets 6" high on the front and 5" high on the rear.

Staining new wood to match old stained wood is really trial and error, my first trial ended up too dark so i ended up stripping it and started over, second time it came out dam near perfect. Last i threw on some matte poly to match.

One of the Table Tuba builds can be seen on my profile pictures along with a few other projects.

8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Jason, how do you have the risers attached, or are they sitting on a material of some kind on the riser?  They look great.  Want to build some for moi?

I just put some self stick felt pads under the metal feet.

PM sent.