Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
jason str

La Scala risers

Recommended Posts

Figured i would show off the La Scala risers. They have a slight angle built in as well so the horns were not aimed at my belly, stained to match the Birch mains.

 

Still have to veneer the subwoofer but as far as sound goes its done and i could not be happier with the outcome.

 

Pardon the dust and uneven lighting.

 

 

canon 003.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they look great, could be standard/factory klipsch LS risers.

would you be kind enough to show the blueprints and how you stained the wood to match birch?

that sub is kinda scary though ;-)

i'd love to see your table tuba, too

 

Edited by heavyP
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jason str said:

Figured i would show off the La Scala risers. They have a slight angle built in as well so the horns were not aimed at my belly, stained to match the Birch mains.

 

Still have to veneer the subwoofer but as far as sound goes its done and i could not be happier with the outcome.

 

Pardon the dust and uneven lighting.

 

 

canon 003.JPG

how does it sound now.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds great, i was getting to much tweeter with them on the ground. Now the top section blends very nice, i was almost going to adjust the crossover again but now its perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jason str said:

Sounds great, i was getting to much tweeter with them on the ground. Now the top section blends very nice, i was almost going to adjust the crossover again but now its perfect.

what mods did you do..how is the lf response ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, heavyP said:

they look great, could be standard/factory klipsch LS risers.

would you be kind enough to show the blueprints and how you stained the wood to match birch?

that sub is kinda scary though ;-)

i'd love to see your table tuba, too

 

 

The risers are the same width and depth as the cabinets 6" high on the front and 5" high on the rear.

 

Staining new wood to match old stained wood is really trial and error, my first trial ended up too dark so i ended up stripping it and started over, second time it came out dam near perfect. Last i threw on some matte poly to match.

 

One of the Table Tuba builds can be seen on my profile pictures along with a few other projects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the data. yes i saw the table tuba, nice work. too bad i can't use one as a console to put my system on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason, how do you have the risers attached, or are they sitting on a material of some kind on the riser?  They look great.  Want to build some for moi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heavyP said:

thanks for the data. yes i saw the table tuba, nice work. too bad i can't use one as a console to put my system on it

 

One can be built and put on top of the subwoofer to hold your gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Jason, how do you have the risers attached, or are they sitting on a material of some kind on the riser?  They look great.  Want to build some for moi?

 

I just put some self stick felt pads under the metal feet.

 

PM sent.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...