Question about replacement caps.....

Nope, not this time. La scalas.. They'll just fit in my living room so I'm going to give them a go for the long haul.

Been taking that approach in all my hobbies lately. Agonized over camera gear for more than and then bought some specific, and expensive, pieces of kit that I could hold into for the long term and enjoy/master.

Trying to have less of a revolving door with things not essential to my survival.

• 2 weeks later...

Been there done that - yeah, I feel your pain. 

You really should have glued those caps down - the inside of a loudspeaker cabinet is a terrible place to be. 

The leads on cheap metalized capacitors aren't soldered - just jammed in using a conductive paste. So, mechanical vibration will play hell on those caps. 

The problem with hot melt is the heat. The heat can potentially damage the polypropylene film - so the silicone based adhesives are superior in that respect- but this increases the wait time - and customers are often very unforgiving when it comes to "waiting". 

1 hour ago, Deang said:

The problem with hot melt is the heat. The heat can potentially damage the polypropylene film - so the silicone based adhesives are superior in that respect- but this increases the wait time - and customers are often very unforgiving when it comes to "waiting". 

Dean, sent you a PM.