Decent multi input HDMI junction box solutions....

oldmako

I'm toying with the idea of hanging my TV on the wall but I would like to keep the cables to a minimum.

So far, I've only found two multi-input junction boxes.

1.  A belkin with 3 inputs and lousy reviews

2.  A Goronya with 4 inputs, but a woefully too short (and fixed) output cable.

I'd like at least 4 inputs and the ability to attach my own (25') HDMI output to snake through the conduit to the TV.

What are  you guys using?

Before you snake that 25' cable through the wall hook it up and see if it works.   I have found almost 0% of the cheap cables work at 25' and many of the $100 class cables would not work with my big Samsung.    Had to go in and remove 2 of them and replace them.     So check them to be sure they work BEFORE putting them in the wall.

That's a great idea.  I'll try and remember to do that.   That step is at least 3-4 weeks away though, so I'll likely forget!  It looks as though my cable will need to be at least 15 feet, and perhaps as long as 20.  It sounds as though I need to open the wallet a bit and get a fibre optic HDMI for the long run, is that correct?  

Right now, I only use FIOS, Apple TV, and a Blueray.   I am able to stream Netflix, Prime and YouTube through my Apple Airport Extreme and occasionally music through an Airport Express.  I have a massive old Denon receiver (no HDMI) which is wired to my CF-3's.   I use an Academy, Heresies and Sub as well.   60inch Smart Visio, but its days are numbered.  I want a 75 or 80"

For living room most music I use an old behemoth Pioneer SX receiver and a Logitech Squeezebox Touch. That's wired to KLF-30s and a 15 inch Sub.  Boom.

I hate using an HT receiver for music, especially streaming.  Even though all my stuff is lossless and the touch has a DAC, when I fire up Pandora the levels are all over the place.   An old machine with a BASS and TREBLE knob is the only way to go when streaming music.

Thanks for the advice.