H700 Heresy... should I buy them?

Just a couple quick picks after putting them back together...  great thing about these old cabinets: 1. Theres plenty of veneer to sand, and 2. you can remove the front and rear baffles... so if the top is too damaged from a plant pot, simply flip it over and refinish the bottom.

The wood looks fantastic -- got most of the heavy staining out of the grill. They have a nice vintage character now. Still sound great (new Crites crossover).

IMG_7880.JPG

IMG_7881.JPG

23 hours ago, Stevenarrow said:

I'm putting these back together.

Any benefit to using foam tape gaskets for the baffles or around the horns? Originally just screwed wood on wood (poor seal).

It won't hurt, nor would it hurt to seal the front and rear panels with some thin gasket.

I always use gasket material to seal everything. It's one of those, "not a dime's worth of difference" things PWK frequently mentioned.  While true from an engineering cost benefit anylsis in terms of mass production.  It can only help in this situation.  Do it.

19 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I always use gasket material to seal everything. It's one of those, "not a dime's worth of difference" things PWK frequently mentioned.  While true from an engineering cost benefit anylsis in terms of mass production.  It can only help in this situation.  Do it.

that's funny -

I sealed the panels and added silicon to interior joints.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...