Rav4 paint chip repair help needed

wvu80

I have a 2010 Toyota Rav4, paint code 202, Black Onyx.  The 99% of the paint has that nice "wet look" to it despite its age, for for some reason there are pits and a spider web problem with the paint that does not seem to be caused by rocks, etc.

The picture shows the spider cracks which are on the hood but are protected by a bug screen, just left in the pic.

I'm not sure how to fix this.  There is the small paint brush, the paint pen in black.  Then there is also a clear coat.  Since these little bottles are $2560 per gallon ($10 per 1/2 oz x 128 oz per gallon), I'd like to get this right!

spider scratch IMG_0029.jpg

71Q8r3HpbuL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyota-00258-00202-21-Black-Touch-Up/dp/B008216AGC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1495553399&sr=8-2&keywords=car+touchup+paint

It really comes down to how much you value the finish.  If $10 seems high, then the alternative by dirtmudd and what I did may seem extreme.  I've used Dr. Color Chip brand.  My Mercedes had over 200k on it at the time so I had a lot (probably 50-60) of chips.  It worked very well on my black paint.  What I liked was that you didn't have to be exact with the placement.  Just dab it, squeegee it, let sit a few minutes and rub off.  Pretty much like the video dirtmudd provided.   Blended beautifully.   The Dr. CC cost me about $60 for the kit.   It ain't cheap, but it did the job.