k-1062-k(v) for KLF-C7 options

I have a single k-1062-kv 8" driver with a hurt voice coil, I know I could use a non "v" if available but they both seem to hard to come by. I checked with Speaker Exchange and they "might" be able to replace the voice coil alone but they need to see it first and if so it would be $75-$100. So my question is there a substitution that would work should the original couldn't  be  repaired?

Yes the drivers are 8 ohms wired in parallel Neither of the two centers mentioned are vented so in this case not a factor. Just trying to open up my options I guess, was told the k-1062-k was still available from Klipsch last year so I will give then a call Tuesday

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2017 at 10:30 AM, Alexander said:

Here is an update, Called Klipsch today and they still have the k-1062-ev (k-1062-kv) driver in stock. Got one coming for $94 + tax & shipping.

Can you give me the number you used?  I need 1 or 2 of these also.

Clint Asher

15 hours ago, Clint.Asher said:

Can you give me the number you used?  I need 1 or 2 of these also.

Clint Asher

They asked what speaker (KLF-C7) when I called and asking for a k-1062-kv, They crossed it over to a k-1062-ev. Works perfect.

36 minutes ago, Alexander said:

They asked what speaker (KLF-C7) when I called and asking for a k-1062-kv, They crossed it over to a k-1062-ev. Works perfect.

It's what I need.  I've removed the right woofer out of the KLF-C7 and it sounds fine.  Thanks for the update!  By the way, should I replace both or just the bad one.  I'm curious if having one new and one seasoned will make a difference in the sound qualty.

18 hours ago, Clint.Asher said:

It's what I need.  I've removed the right woofer out of the KLF-C7 and it sounds fine.  Thanks for the update!  By the way, should I replace both or just the bad one.  I'm curious if having one new and one seasoned will make a difference in the sound qualty.

I only replaced the damaged driver out of finical necessity but they assurded me they are functionally identical. If I could had afforded it I would had replace both just out of printable even thought I can not tell the new from old  audio wise so that would be your call.

• Like 1

I personally would replace both and keep the good one as a spare or offer it for sale to recoupe some of the cost. You probably would never notice a difference just replacing one but really if one is blown the other may be on its way out so why take a chance? And in your case especially everything else is already new so why not make it completely new?

• Like 1

Great news!  Klipsch still has the k-1062-ev's and 2 of them will be at my house in 5 to 10 business days.  At long last my front sound stage will be where I have always imagined it could be.  Yee Haw!  By the way, the parts person said they have 90 left in the event anyone else is considering replacements.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...