Rf7 vs rp-280f

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure where I should be posting this but I was wondering what you guys would recommend. I'm interested in the first generation rf7's or the new rp-280f. My budget is about $1000. I've found rf7's from 850-1000 and the 280's for 918. What do you guys think about the rf7 vs rp280f? These will be for mostly ht with occasional music. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

Where would I look for used rf7's? Is it safe to buy used speakers?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Keep an eye on your local Craigslist. You could also monitor the Garage Sale and Alerts section of this forum. This forum is self policing, so items presented for sale by members may be relied upon to be as described (as far as function and finish etc) 

It is best to audition the speakers before purchase, as listening satisfaction is highly subjective. Buying local also avoids shipping, which can be very problematic and expensive. If you are reasonably patient a deal will come to you.

You're fortunate with your location. Florida seems well stocked with available Klipsch products and the supply moderates the price. This is anecdotal, as I haven't got data. But I know dis guy.......from mountaineer country ........who may have some. 

@wvu80

3 hours ago, JBCODD said:

You're fortunate with your location. Florida seems well stocked with available Klipsch products and the supply moderates the price. This is anecdotal, as I haven't got data. But I know dis guy.......from mountaineer country ........who may have some. 

@wvu80

Thank you for the plug my friend, but I track used prices on Heritage stuff only.  I know generally the RF-x line but others are far more knowledgeable than I.

Now if you need a used price on Khorns, or a La Scala single, or some Heresy's, I'm your guy.  B)

• Like 1

Those RF-7's from South Florida are not a good deal at $1200.00 considering current market values for cherry at between $600.00 and $900.00.  With that said, folks would pay that much all day long just a few years ago.  I do think as far as performance goes, they are worth every penny.

Bill

• Like 2

2 hours ago, willland said:

Those RF-7's from South Florida are not a good deal at $1200.00 considering current market values for cherry at between $600.00 and $900.00.  With that said, folks would pay that much all day long just a few years ago.  I do think as far as performance goes, they are worth every penny.

Bill

Willand,

You said that the RF-7s are not a good deal though you say that people would pay that price all day long and you think the performance is worth every penny.  What are you talking about here since you say the RF-7s are over priced.  What speaker is worth how many pennies :huh:

RF7 IIs (better than 1's based on discussions) can be had for under 1K which would be a better deal.  RP-280s at a good price, depending on the size of the room, is also something to consider due to the newer top end.

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

Willand,

You said that the RF-7s are not a good deal though you say that people would pay that price all day long and you think the performance is worth every penny.

I think $1200.00 is way above avg. market value today.  After the RF-7II came out, many had no problem paying that much for the RF-7.

I think the RF-7 performs way above it's current "market" value.  It is one fine speaker, IMO.

Bill

2 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Willand,

You said that the RF-7s are not a good deal though you say that people would pay that price all day long and you think the performance is worth every penny.

I think if this were 2006 and they had a warranty backed by Klipsch that price would be a good deal.  Add to that the market in Florida seems to be soft and you have speakers that might not sell right away for that price.

Still, if you have a willing Seller and a willing Buyer, who knows?

If it were me I'd offer $800 and let the Seller drop to $1000.  Both parties should be happy at that point.

• Like 1

Oh I gotcha, thought it was the same listing. If they truly are brand new never used $1200 isn't out of the ball park in my opinion but less money is always good. MSRP for the 7 II's is $3200. B stock is $1800. I'd say if you could get them for $1000 you did good, assuming of course they are in fact new.  

• Like 1