Rf7 vs rp-280f

"RF-7 = super bright and fatiguing

RP-280F = technically a less capable tweeter that is much smaller in terms of surface area, but they are much more comfortable in terms of listening fatigue and sound more laid back."

I have had 7s and still have a set of 82ii which are very similar to the 280s.     I have friends with 7's and what we all have done is a little treble end work with the EQ and the 7s are sweet.   Usually the "bright and fatiguing" sound comes from a poorly damped room with unwanted reflections.   Given a properly damped room the 7s are just plain great.

I would still be running a set of 7s but for my TSCMs.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Well, they are, the compression driver is way nicer.  The way they are crossed over though is very fatiguing to many / several / some people though.  However I wouldn't judge jack crap based on a youtube video.  But yes if you ran them side by side and played some shattering glass at high volume, you'd notice a big difference.  RP-280F just doesn't have that extra sparkle.  

If you want to do some tweeking or enjoy bright sound, many people do, RF7 is fine.  The RF7 is a good base to start a crossover project with.

I have heard a set of 7s with an ALK crossover and the result was remarkable.    I think as a size and cost compromise the 7s are the best movie/music choice there is for most people.      I would take and old, used and well worn RF 83 to the 280 any day.