Industrial Klipsch La Scalas

SirSam

Greetings everyone! I'm selling 2 pairs of industrial Klipsch La Scalas.  I'm in the SF Bay area (in the east bay).  These speakers are the black speakers with detached horns.  One pair has black finish and the other pair is fiber glass coated.   The history of these speakers.  I used them extensively as a dj in the mid to late 80s.  Theses speakers then went into storage never to be used again.  It's a shame they are not put to good use.  So I'm turning to this forum.  These speakers need a good home.   I think someone in this community can benefit from this.  You will have to clean up and refurbish these speakers.  I'm sure someone can do it.   I've seen great links to making old speakers look magnificent.    Personally, I wish I could refurb these speakers myself and sell for a high price.  Unfortunately, I have no time with family and work obligations.  I'm sure someone here has the time and expertise to make these speakers great again.   Please contact me if you are interested.  

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, SirSam said:

Greetings everyone! I'm selling 2 pairs of industrial Klipsch La Scalas.  I'm in the SF Bay area (in the east bay).  These speakers are the black speakers with detached horns.  One pair has black finish and the other pair is fiber glass coated.   The history of these speakers.  I used them extensively as a dj in the mid to late 80s.  Theses speakers then went into storage never to be used again.  It's a shame they are not put to good use.  So I'm turning to this forum.  These speakers need a good home.   I think someone in this community can benefit from this.  You will have to clean up and refurbish these speakers.  I'm sure someone can do it.   I've seen great links to making old speakers look magnificent.    Personally, I wish I could refurb these speakers myself and sell for a high price.  Unfortunately, I have no time with family and work obligations.  I'm sure someone here has the time and expertise to make these speakers great again.   Please contact me if you are interested.  

SirSam,

Was wondering if you are still selling these. It is past the 9th, and you never posted anything about selling them on your thread?

Thanks...  Roger

48 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

SirSam,

Was wondering if you are still selling these. It is past the 9th, and you never posted anything about selling them on your thread?

Thanks...  Roger

Roger, in the original thread, Justin Weber said he would purchase both pairs, and I understand that he did.

The jubs are another animal. A good friend and long time customer had these clone bass bins. I sold him my pair of fastlane audio Yields. The yeilds have replaced his jubs. The Jubs have sat unused for years. I asked about them around the same time I was working on my pre. 

We came up with a great trade. The Jubs found a new home and he got a lovely pre. 

So what I have are Jub bass bins, Eliptrac 400/Faital HF200. ALK redesigned an ES500 network using the Eminence 12LFAs. 

I plan to build a top hat, put the crossover in it. The Tophat will follow the profile of the Jubs. I should have the jubs delivered to my house early next week.

My wife has threatened to kill my in my sleep if I bring them into the house... but Im a gambling man. Jubs as 2way with passive crossovers... no EQ, right up my alley.