Looking To Trade Turntable For Phono Pre Amp

Jim

I'm looking to see if anyone is open to a trade with a turntable for a phono pre amp. I have a few turntables I'm looking to get rid of and would be open to trades as I know most don't have the need/funds to purchase a table fully restored.

I have a Cambridge Audio 551P MM phono pre (2 of them actually),and a Bellari VP-129 MM phono pre. I'm looking to upgrade my phono pre to see what's out there to enhance my system, but I need to be in the over $350.00 range to find anything better then the Cambridge. I've listened to a good 20-30 different phono pre amps, and have come to the conclusion that even at the price range break point as my minimum, I'm not getting big changes.

So here's what I have available. An AR-The Turntable that has been totally modified,restored,upgraded, and can compete with Thorens TD-160's with stock arms, and several other upper ended tables. This table is worth about $1,000.00 and has a custom built 1 inch thick plinth with olive wood on the top,bubinga on the bottom, and Walnut in the middle, upgraded suspension with LINN springs, custom weights, upgraded Audioquest PT-8 (I think-or it may be the 6-7) arm in Champagne color which was rewired in Cardas wiring and has a solid 1 inch wooden arm board (stock was paper), polished center platter spindle, new wiring for power and new electronics, new power switch, customized T-Bar to compensate for the new arm,cover, rubber feet, and an SAE 1000LT high output moving coil cartridge on it that is NOS and has less than 50 hours on it with the original box and accessories. I don't mind if the phono pre is only MM, but would like something that has the capabilities to load at different loads and capacitances.I'd be willing to trade any phono pre's in the range of $675.00 and up for table. For people who are familiar with the AR tables and the AK and vinylengine forums, Steve Frosten did this table for me. I have this and an AR-XA that had the works also done to it, and an Ariston RD-11 Superior just finished. So something has to go

For anyone this is out of range for, I also have a Dual 1019 fully restored I think I'd part with. The Dual is worth at least $400.00 and has a Stanton 881S MKII with a D3000 stylus on it and was fully restored and has a custom built plinth.The plinth is about 2 inches thick. I'd be looking for something in the $350.00 range and up. I did the restoration myself on the Dual. It now has Alvania grease on the cam and other points where grease was needed and lubed with a light oil on other parts as well as the motor. It also has small adjustable feet on it. 

I'd also be willing to do something like a redone Fisher or redone Scotts or similar set up for the AR straight up.

I'm open to suggestions as well,just shoot me a PM.

ar1.jpg

ar2.jpg

ar3.jpg

2.jpg

10191.jpg

10192.jpg

10193.jpg

• Like 1

Jim, if I may make a suggestion, I would jump all over this one: 

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/phono-musical-surroundings-nova-ii-phono-preamp-2017-05-23-preamplifiers-92625-corona-del-mar-ca

I have owned a number of phono preamps, and currently own one of these.  It is excellent.  MM/MC, flexible loading AND it's battery powered and dead silent.  And this particular one is a smoking deal as they typically go upwards of $700 on the used market.  

• Like 1

If I had the funds, I'd jump on it. I just refinished a Rek O Kut Rondine Jr L-34, Ariston RD-11 Superior, Realistic STA-2200, AR-2Ax speakers, and have to get rid of a few things before I can jump on anything else. I have 6 tables right now,lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jim said:

If I had the funds, I'd jump on it. I just refinished a Rek O Kut Rondine Jr L-34, Ariston RD-11 Superior, Realistic STA-2200, AR-2Ax speakers, and have to get rid of a few things before I can jump on anything else. I have 6 tables right now,lol.

I hear you.  If I had the funds, I'D buy and resell it for a profit!  I paid $700 for mine a couple months ago :angry:  By the way, that AR is a really nice example.  Someone will be happy with that one.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jim said:

you got your table here on the forum didn't you? I think I remember seeing this awhile back. I love how clean it is.

I've bought sold a few tables and related items. AR XA, AR XB, Empire 398 and a Marantz TT15S1.  I've since purchased a new VPI Classic 1 and I'm not looking back!  Although all those other tables were keepers too, and I had fun refurbing the vintage ones.  By the way, that Nova II is already sold!  It lasted about 20 minutes on A'gon.  It was a smoking deal!

• Like 2