True Story

staygroovybaby

I man called me yesterday about a pair of Klipsch Heresy's I have for sale. We talk for a while and set up a time for him to come take a look and listen.  I live in the country a bit, but I am 3 minutes off the interstate. He has an hour drive to get to my home.  

This morning he calls me and says he is at my driveway. I tell him to drive on up and I will meet him in the yard. He states he cant come up.  I ask why, his response, you have a dirt and gravel driveway.  And then he proceeds to inform me, that I should have told him my driveway was dirt & gravel & tells me how I wasted his valuable time ( in a very nasty way).  My driveway is a little less than a third of a mile long. I told him to sit tight and I would run some speaker wire to the end of the drive so he could listen to the speakers. 

He really goes off at that point & informs me , he is going to flag my speakers from craigslist. 

Has the world gone completely mad or is it just me?  

Last week a man came over, spent 3 hours listening to every speaker I have for sale.  He narrowed it down between two sets.  So I politely ask what will it be, he looked at me and said his wife would kick him out of the house if he brought home a set of speakers. 

• Like 5

I man called me yesterday about a pair of Klipsch Heresy's I have for sale. We talk for a while and set up a time for him to come take a look and listen.  I live in the country a bit, but I am 3 minutes off the interstate. He has an hour drive to get to my home.  

This morning he calls me and says he is at my driveway. I tell him to drive on up and I will meet him in the yard. He states he cant come up.  I ask why, his response, you have a dirt and gravel driveway.  And then he proceeds to inform me, that I should have told him my driveway was dirt & gravel & tells me how I wasted his valuable time ( in a very nasty way).  My driveway is a little less than a third of a mile long. I told him to sit tight and I would run some speaker wire to the end of the drive so he could listen to the speakers. 

He really goes off at that point & informs me , he is going to flag my speakers from craigslist. 

Last week a man came over, spent 3 hours listening to every speaker I have for sale.  He narrowed it down between two sets.  So I politely ask what will it be, he looked at me and said his wife would kick him out of the house if he brought home a set of speakers. 

Lol, crazy world, i sold a set a wheels to a guy in Connecticut, he was about 1 hr away, and kept texting me he was an hour away, around 11pm he said he was 30 mins away, and at 2am he was near by, i told him no way i will meet him at 2, at 7 am he was outside, waiting, got my cash gave him the wheels..
Not sure how a an hour ride turned out into 10 hours..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What do you have for sale. That state are you in. P.S. my van isn't afraid of any driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, staygroovybaby said:

another snow flake...

• Like 1

I had a almost similar story .. I responded to a Craigslist ad for

some heresy 's .. that where posted for 6 months..@ $600

with pics  .. to me they looked like mini klipschorns.    

little did I know at the time they where the hi-sm's...

he lived in a trailer. I auditioned them for over an hour..

and asked the back story on them ...and after sharing a pack

of smokes with him..I paid a third of what he was asking..

I should of  bought a case of beer with me...

Reminds me of my Cornwall story.....a guy contacts me about a pair of very nice Cornwall's I had for sale a couple of years ago.  He says he would really like to purchase them.  He tells me he's a church pastor, and will be visiting his elderly parents about 3 hours away from me, so he can't meet me anywhere..  Sent him a ton of photos, description, etc, etc.  He says he is excited to own them.  Also asks me to bring speaker wire, amplifier, source.  I drive them there and come to find out it's a condo on the second floor.  Thankfully I had taken a hand cart as well.  Take a look in the condo, and it's all white....white carpet, white furniture....and it''s raining outside now....he asks me not to bring them in until it stops raining.  I look at the weather map, and that's not going to happen for 6 to 8 hours.  Told him I couldn't do that, as I already have another 3 hour drive home.  Well, he asks, would you mind going to the store and getting some plastic to lay down on the floor?  About this time, I'm thinking, maybe I should just head to the store and keep on going......but, thankfully, there's a break in the rain.  I dash outside, get them on the hand cart one by one and get them upstairs (without help).  Put them in position in the living room, wire them up, start some music.  And then, his wife walks in.....and she asks of him...."how are you going to hide those wires?"   I said, OK, I'll step outside for a bit while you talk.  He kept me waiting for almost an hour in my car.....Don't think I need to tell the rest of the story.  

• Like 2

Just now, dirtmudd said:

another snow flake...

We don't get snow this far So the powers that be filled the state with the flakes. To anyone who lives here I mean no offence, Its just I am surrounded by flakes. 

PS  I am selling everything I own and getting the H--L out of this state

• Like 1

1 minute ago, staygroovybaby said:

We don't get snow this far So the powers that be filled the state with the flakes. To anyone who lives here I mean no offence, Its just I am surrounded by flakes. 

PS  I am selling everything I own and getting the H--L out of this state

so what are you selling any pics ?

Just now, dirtmudd said:

so what are you selling any pics ?

Listings will come soon with photos.  Going through more BS than my mind can absorb at the moment.  I have a set of cornwalls, set of heresys,  some sony high end ES gear. 

Some more items,  Just need to chill,  Battling neighbors , deaths in family,  land dispute, Have been working with a bank on a loan consolidation, the loan was approved 18 months ago and I still dont have it.  I see a very dim light at the end of the tunnel, I think it might spell out Bankruptcy.  If anyone on the forum is an attorney, I sure would appreciate asking a few simple questions.   

28 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Take a look in the condo, and it's all white....white carpet, white furniture

I understand this madness. White walls and white carpet. Sadly its the life I live with in an apartment complex. Sure I am able to paint the walls... as long as I either paint them back or pay for it. I asked my landlord about her installing fake wood for my floors. She said sure, as long as its the same tile in your bathroom and kitchen. Anyway I have been lucky enough to only have good experiences with sales of equipment. I can totally see all the above happening though. People are nuts. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mallette said:

Good answer.  Where are you guys headed?

Dave

Not a clue.   It all about the money & what we can afford.  We own 10 acres here and have it up for sale.  Truth be told, My wife & I work hard and have given to too many people that had their hands out. Our property is valued at $175.000, I hope to net $10,000.  When this happens We will go to the end of the drive and decide to turn right or left