"Cheap tube amp for Cornwall"?

Northman

I recommend going through all the threads in the Talkin' Tubes section of the forum as you will find an abundance of information to consider.  Also, if you post your question there you are likely to get the input of the forum "tube heads."  When you do, a dollar amount for your budget will be helpful as will a detailed description of your listening requirements:  room size, listening level, type of music, how close to the speakers you sit when listening, etc.  Your location would be helpful as well since there may be someone in your area who can give you a demo.

Maynard

55 minutes ago, richieb said:

//////  Check the garage sale - Justin Weber AmpsandSound amp just up for sale --$475. Hard to go wrong here --

If I wasn't sitting here looking at 7 or 8 amps already I'd buy it myself. 

I was about to recommend the same amp.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John Albright said:

Is that a transistor hybrid?  It doesn't say. 

I wondered that as well.  It states 38 watts per side. That wattage sounds kinda like its tube generated and it appears to have preamp tubes as well as power tubes. It also has a cooling fan on the back of it though, which is rare for a tube amp.   a bit of a mystery. 

• 3 weeks later...

Cheap is a relative description so it depends on your budget. I run an earlier version of this amp http://www.decware.com/newsite/SE34I.htm with my '84 Cornwalls and I love the combo. I swap other speakers in and out but always come back to my Cornies. If you call Decware up directly I think you can get XLRs added to the circuit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk