Best receiver for klipsch RF-7 l

59 minutes ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

Yeah that's what I thought I was just concerned about them being under powered

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Don't overthink, for now get yourself some good quality 75w/ch or more amplification on the cheap until you get everything else ironed out.

That NAD T773(145w/ch in stereo) for $250.00 is calling your name. ;)

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

Sorry I'm kinda new to all of this. Is that something that I would need?

Without a pre/pro - you have no way to adjust volume, or select inputs.  You'd also have no EQing and no way to utilize any sound formats.  The Crown you linked is JUST an amplifier, nothing else.

6 minutes ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

I was hoping to stay around 400 for both but I doubt that's enough to work with

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would do what Bill mentioned and go with that NAD AVR.  Cheap clean power for now is better than a lot of unusable power that's distorted.  I know it's easy to do, but try to stop yourself from being caught up in power ratings.  Things don't have to be that complicated.

• Like 1

Good 2-Channel pre amps vary.  You can expect them to cost at least as much as your amp.  So keeping your cost under $600 is highly unlikely unless you're buying used.                           

Look at the EMOTIVA PT-100 Pre AMP...cost 299.00. I got one about a month ago, I really like it. It would be hard to beat it. Also look at the Emotiva  A-300 Power Amp. 150 WPC 2 channel. Price is 399.00 on it. 

• Like 1

Just now, agreen60 said:

Good 2-Channel pre amps vary.  You can expect them to cost at least as much as your amp.  So keeping your cost under $600 is highly unlikely unless you're buying used.                           

Look at the EMOTIVA PT-100 Pre AMP...cost 299.00. I got one about a month ago, I really like it. It would be hard to beat it. Also look at the Emotiva  A-300 Power Amp. 150 WPC 2 channel. Price is 399.00 on it. 

Same advice I gave. I have heard nothing but good things about that pairing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agreen60 said:

His budget is $400 - otherwise that'd be what I'd recommend as well.  Pre/Pro at that price just is not going to be something realistic unless it's used.

Just now, The History Kid said:

His budget is $400 - otherwise that'd be what I'd recommend as well.  Pre/Pro at that price just is not going to be something realistic unless it's used.

I have already seen them selling used for well under the asking prices on Ebay and the like. I personally suggest saving up a few more months and getting something of quality instead of squeezing under a point that might leave you wanting more.

• Like 1

Well...just a thought use Pay Pal Credit 6 months same as cash no payments no interest for 6 months. Just make sure to tell Emotiva to send you an invoice on check out and make sure you check it when you check out.

Edited by agreen60
  • Like 1

Just now, agreen60 said:

Well...just a thought use Pay Pal Credit 6 months same as cash no payments no interest for 6 months. Just make sure to yell Emotiva to send you an invoice on check out and make sure you check it when you check out.

Great point, also Emotiva gives you 30 days to try it and see if you like it. If not you only pay for return shipping which really shouldn't be much.

• Like 1