Best receiver for klipsch RF-7 l

10 minutes ago, teaman said:

I have already seen them selling used for well under the asking prices on Ebay and the like. I personally suggest saving up a few more months and getting something of quality instead of squeezing under a point that might leave you wanting more.

The NAD that was being suggested was 145 x 2.  With the preamp built in, under his price point by $150.  I don't think that's exactly squeezing by.  You know me man, I'll recommend Emotiva all day, but I've been and am where this guy is, sometimes that bump in price is just not something that anyone can do.  I've wanted to move on the TA, but I haven't found it at a price point that I can afford right now either.

• Like 1

I agree Michael, my fear is that the NAD is being sold for a reason, not working correctly or something. I just hate to see someone pressured to make a move now when waiting a month might give him the leeway he needs. Only the OP can decide that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, teaman said:

I agree Michael, my fear is that the NAD is being sold for a reason, not working correctly or something. I just hate to see someone pressured to make a move now when waiting a month might give him the leeway he needs. Only the OP can decide that.

True, and I do understand that concern.  That's the risk we take when we buy things, even on the forums though.  There's no penalty really if something doesn't go the way we want it to during transit or prior unless PayPal steps in.  It's a luck of the draw thing.  My XDA could have been DOA, so could my Fusion (both of them).  The Oppo I bought could be in the same boat.  We take a risk on second hand - and I'd like to think that for the most part, people are not up to stingyness.  But you are correct, caution should always be used.

OP - your room is either similar to or just a shy bit smaller than mine.  Virtually any good amp/preproamp configuration should do you solid.  If cost is a concern and you really don't want to go used - I'd either purchase an AVR like I mentioned through A4L, or wait and see if Emotiva posts some more goodies on their own eBay page: jadedesigns.  You can also poke around the forums here for an amp or receiver for sale, or see if some of the other forums have anything (Emotiva's Lounge for example).  Patience is your friend in this hobby, and regardless of who is saying what, we all agree on that.

• Like 2

True, and I do understand that concern.  That's the risk we take when we buy things, even on the forums though.  There's no penalty really if something doesn't go the way we want it to during transit or prior unless PayPal steps in.  It's a luck of the draw thing.  My XDA could have been DOA, so could my Fusion (both of them).  The Oppo I bought could be in the same boat.  We take a risk on second hand - and I'd like to think that for the most part, people are not up to stingyness.  But you are correct, caution should always be used.

OP - your room is either similar to or just a shy bit smaller than mine.  Virtually any good amp/preproamp configuration should do you solid.  If cost is a concern and you really don't want to go used - I'd either purchase an AVR like I mentioned through A4L, or wait and see if Emotiva posts some more goodies on their own eBay page: jadedesigns.  You can also poke around the forums here for an amp or receiver for sale, or see if some of the other forums have anything (Emotiva's Lounge for example).  Patience is your friend in this hobby, and regardless of who is saying what, we all agree on that.

Room is 10x12

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just now, tylerstoddard368 said:

Room is 10x12

Mine is 11'x12'.  That's the 9.1 system I have in there/here:

AVR: Emotiva Fusion 8100
Cooled by ACInfinity T-8
Amp L/R: Emotiva UPA-2
Amp C: Emotiva UPA-1
DAC: Emotiva XDA-2 Gen 1
SA/CD: Emotiva ERC-1
BDP: Oppo BDP-103
Media: Sony PS2, PS3 and PS4
Asus VivoMini VM42
TV: LG 49UH6100
Main L/R: Klipsch RF-3 II w/ Crites XO
Main C: Klipsch RC-7
High L/R: Klipsch RB-5MA
Side L/R: Klipsch RS-3 II
Rear L/R: Klipsch RS-3 II
Sub: Klipsch RSW-10

The rf7's are probably too big for my room

They're bigger than my RF-3's but that doesn't mean much.  I have RB-5's stacked on the RF-3's.  "Too much speaker in a room" isn't really a legitimate thing unless you have comb filtering issues, which two RF-7's aren't going to have.

• Like 1

They're bigger than my RF-3's but that doesn't mean much.  I have RB-5's stacked on the RF-3's.  "Too much speaker in a room" isn't really a legitimate thing unless you have comb filtering issues, which two RF-7's aren't going to have.

Ok thanks I've been getting a lot of different opinions but I keep coming back to the rf7's. I just don't want to spend all that money and them sound like crap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok thanks I've been getting a lot of different opinions but I keep coming back to the rf7's. I just don't want to spend all that money and them sound like crap.

Just make sure you have a good amplifier and that won't be an issue. ;)

What he said.

Had the RF-3's and was happy with the bass. If you want bass and can purchase RF-7's at the right price, if you do not, you may have remorse later. Plenty of watts or nearfield with just 50 watts. If you have to change power, you will like it. Flagship for a reason. Besides, they are an investment which can be quite somewhat at times covered.

Sorry for the impromptu.

You might offer $900 since there is a pair going for $875 there.  However, if you could step up and get that set with the RC-7, you will be somewhat happier.  RC-7's are getting harder to find, and they're one of the best centers that Klipsch made.  If you can't stretch your budget that far, it's fine...but it might save you a little headache later.

32 minutes ago, tylerstoddard368 said:

900 for all 3?

You *might* pitch $1200.  That might be rough though.  $1300 is a decent deal.  The RC-7 goes for about $400 in "good" shape.  The RF-7's are hard pressed to fall below $800.

• Like 1