Klipsch Cornwall 1974 1 Pair - $800 (Milwaukee, WI)

opusk2k9

Up for sale are a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls. I know the original owner who bought them in 1974. They sound great. They are walnut finish and have on;y a few light scratches on the cabinets that you don't even notice unless you look for them. These are in great shape inside and out. As many of you know Klipsch speakers are very efficient and are popular with tube amps owner's. The serial #'s are 20T711 & 20T712. Chances are good if you are looking at this add you know what these are. This is an opportunity to own a pair in excellent condition.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/6148252942.html

No affiliation.  They look very nice.

• Like 1

No.  The Craigslist poster knows the original owner, not the OP, who quoted the listing.  In any case, I would still suggest contacting the seller to hold the speakers for a reasonable time.  

Twice I have personally spoken to well known forum members to "accept" offers only to find out that faster cash, or more cash, negated my acceptance.  I would not be duped a third time.

DizRotus is correct. And it is a heart-breaking lesson.

The "kid" I bought my CF-3's from said "I could have got more for them, but fast nickels are better than slow dimes." At 51 years old I had never heard that! First one past the gate wins or first come, first serve would be another way to put it.

The pair of Forte ii's I just picked up a week ago were "being held until Monday after work" for me. When I arrived after a two and a half hour drive, one way, the guy told me "someone was supposed to be there the day before, AND the other guy didn't show today." He told me upon arrival he had such a huge response he wasn't answering or returning calls. So I made a five hour road trip on faith and only fate provided a favourable outcome. 

A lot of people are doing EMT's now, but sight unseen I am not a big fan of that.

I took an afternoon off work a year or so back to snag a pair of CW2's for a song that I knew would be gone regardless of any "assurance" from the seller. Once again, fate and fast action were the only two contributing factors to success.

Drove two hours for a gun collection a couple years back only to knock on the guys door and have him tell me it was sold. Had the same thing happen for a set of winter tires come to think of it...

On the other hand, I have held an item, in this case a JVC RC M90 (the holy grail of boomboxes) for a "kid" who maintained constant communication with me for two weeks. He drove two and a half hours each way with his mother along for the ride to pick up his prize. I know what it means to realize a dream and wanted to share that.

I have been burnt by no-shows, but I still honour the first to commit to buy. 

It sits better with what is left of my conscious.

Effective, and constant, communication is a game changer. Talk in person, make the call, right up until the sale is complete.

• Like 3

Whether a buyer or seller, I recommend a nominal $25-$50 PayPal deposit.  Such a deposit should hold the item for a stated time, such as 48 hours.  Nothing can prevent disappointments if you're dealing with dishonorable individuals, but good faith deposits help to avoid sellers' disappointments from "no-shows" and buyers' disappointments from losing out to earlier arrivals.

Or, . . . you're free to be like Blanche DuBois, who " . . . always depended on the kindness of strangers."