HELP: Forte II Terminal Broke Off

Greetings Klipsch Technical Support Guys,

I was removing my speaker wire from my Forte II's because I am moving and in doing so one of the binding posts broke off. Do I need to replace the whole terminal of can I remove the terminal box and replace the binding posts? If so, where do I need to get the correct binding posts for replacing them. 

Can anyone help tell me what I need to do to repair this? Photos attached.

Thank you in advance for any feedback with this situation.

Sincerely,

LoveItLoud

Forte_issue_01.jpg

Forte_issue_02.jpg

I had one strip on me and called Klipsch - they sent me two at no charge. They were slightly different but better constructed.

Yes, you can replace the binding posts themselves. Just unscrew the terminal cup and you will see how easy this repair is - go for it.

• 1 year later...

Longdrive03,

Taking a long shot here with this post being over a year ago, but wondering if you still have any of the wire posts?  Freak accident that snapped off both posts.  Super easy to repair IF I can find the correct part.  Help me Obi One, you're my only hope.

Kernel

On 5/26/2017 at 7:08 AM, loveitloud said:

Greetings Klipsch Technical Support Guys,

I was removing my speaker wire from my Forte II's because I am moving and in doing so one of the binding posts broke off. Do I need to replace the whole terminal of can I remove the terminal box and replace the binding posts? If so, where do I need to get the correct binding posts for replacing them. 

Can anyone help tell me what I need to do to repair this? Photos attached.

Thank you in advance for any feedback with this situation.

Sincerely,

LoveItLoud

Forte_issue_01.jpg

Forte_issue_02.jpg

NO help, but love the screen name 👍.   

• 4 years later...
7 hours ago, superkrups20056 said:

Hello, this same thing happened to me. Both of my speaker terminal broke off of my RP502S. How easy is this to repair? Is there an updated number to find the parts needed? Thank you so much. Pictures enclosed:

IMG_7699.jpeg

IMG_7700.jpeg

I’d take off that back panel and see how they’re attached to the wires inside.  Might take a bit of finagling to get them out and get new ones installed but something like this should work:

https://www.amazon.com/Jabinco-Insulated-Terminal-Binding-Amplifier/dp/B07ZJLB6QK