HDMI Failure?

omar4

I think my cables are starting to fail.  I keep losing signals and sometimes the audio doesn't come through properly IE: Stereo when it should be 5.1 digital. I'm not sure if this is due to the cables or the SAT box. My SAT box crashed and DirectTV just sent me a new refurbed unit in the last 2weeks and that is when the problems started. Should I just buy new cables? And what are you all using. I bought the orig cables from Monoprice about 5 to 6yrs ago, so figured it is time for new ones. Thanks for the advice in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Update! I tried watching a blu-ray last week on my PS3 and the audio was cutting out as well, also, on Netflix. So, I freaked out thinking that my AVR HDMI inputs/outputs were failing and I needed a new AVR-mine is 6-7 yrs old. Anyway, I ended up buying new cables from Monoprice and everything is fine with the PS3 and blu-ray and Netflix worked perfectly last night-whew! But-the Directtv box is still messing up when I switch channels sometimes the video is gone and I have to turn it off and on to get it back. Dang, I hate calling Directtv cuz it takes forever to get any help. BLAH

• Like 1