KLF-20

35 minutes ago, burninator said:

Got a chance to give the new setup a good workout today. To say I'm happy would be an understatement. The 20's have come alive.

That looks sweet brother. So glad you got that Sherbourn amp for your set up. Those small component fans are a great idea. I own the Sherbourn one and it works great in my system. My processor of all things heats up quite a bit and this does a good job of keeping it cool. I was nice to see those AC Infinity fans are now available at Audio Advisor. 99 bucks is a good deal too.

Tim

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:45 PM, teaman said:

I have heard lots of good things about the new PT-100 on the Emotiva forum. Please let us know when everything is hooked up and how you like it!

teaman, I have had my Emotiva PT-100 for a month now. For 300 bucks I don't think you can find anything close to it. The pre amp is very basic, no bells or whistles but that is what I was looking for. The display is easy to see and has your basic functions. The tuner section works great, with the wire antenna that came with it I am able to pull in stations 60 miles away. I have been using the PT-100 to stream Spotify, very happy with that sounds great. I also purchased the new Emotiva CD-100 cd player, which I also really like. I have done a A B comparison using the RCA or Optical cable. I think the Optical cable sounds better. Once again for 300 bucks I think the Emotiva CD-100 player would be hard to beat. I don't have a turn table yet to try the phono section out, so I can't give an opinion on it as of now. I am using the Emotiva XPA GEN 3   2 Channel power amp, and a pair of Klipsch Forte's along with the PT-100 and the CD-100 for my bedroom system. I am very happy with it, sounds great. 

The only 2 negatives that I have on the PT-100 was the tuner section was hard to program, instructions in book didn't work for me. Quick call to Damon at Emotiva had me going in 5 minutes. Also the remote the volume moves very quickly, so just be careful. 

• Like 3

That's awesome agreen60, happy to hear you are enjoying the Emotiva products as well. The Emotiva support staff really are good there, not many companies can assist you as promptly as they do. Damon is a great guy, I have chatted with him many times. 

That sounds like a really nice bedroom system, again the reviews of the third gen Emotiva amps are drawing many rave reviews. I have both first and second gen amps and really enjoy them. I have owned all three of the ERC model cd players and was thinking that smaller CD-100 would be perfect for budget minded people that want good quality. I would think that system would mesh very nicely with your Forte's. 

Tim

• Like 2

16 hours ago, teaman said:

That looks sweet brother. So glad you got that Sherbourn amp for your set up. Those small component fans are a great idea. I own the Sherbourn one and it works great in my system. My processor of all things heats up quite a bit and this does a good job of keeping it cool. I was nice to see those AC Infinity fans are now available at Audio Advisor. 99 bucks is a good deal too.

Tim

Thanks for pointing it out to me! What a fantastic piece of equipment for the money.

This is my second AC Infinity purchase, I also have a T8 on top of my Onkyo in my ht setup. 

14 hours ago, agreen60 said:

teaman, I have had my Emotiva PT-100 for a month now. For 300 bucks I don't think you can find anything close to it. The pre amp is very basic, no bells or whistles but that is what I was looking for. The display is easy to see and has your basic functions. The tuner section works great, with the wire antenna that came with it I am able to pull in stations 60 miles away. I have been using the PT-100 to stream Spotify, very happy with that sounds great. I also purchased the new Emotiva CD-100 cd player, which I also really like. I have done a A B comparison using the RCA or Optical cable. I think the Optical cable sounds better. Once again for 300 bucks I think the Emotiva CD-100 player would be hard to beat. I don't have a turn table yet to try the phono section out, so I can't give an opinion on it as of now. I am using the Emotiva XPA GEN 3   2 Channel power amp, and a pair of Klipsch Forte's along with the PT-100 and the CD-100 for my bedroom system. I am very happy with it, sounds great. 

The only 2 negatives that I have on the PT-100 was the tuner section was hard to program, instructions in book didn't work for me. Quick call to Damon at Emotiva had me going in 5 minutes. Also the remote the volume moves very quickly, so just be careful. 

Really loving the PT-100 so far. The remote is kinda counterintuitive at first, but it's easy once you get used to its operation. I have seen several complaints about the fast moving volume, but that has not been my experience, so I wonder if they've made a change. If anything, I wish the volume moved faster. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 5/27/2017 at 10:44 AM, pzannucci said:

burninator,

ok, I have some Emos around here and they are likely to be bargained for under $500.  Yes location counts.

Again though, enjoy.  This is a hobby.  I'm just offering some advice.  The KLF20s will likely hang around for a long time.  Wish I could find a pair with wood vs. black.

Since I started this audio journey I have definitely spent my cash on more than I want to admit. Some good, some bad.  You go with the flow.  

I will say there is something to be said about a nice set of vintage meters!!!  Wish I had a NEW Luxman or big Yamaha that looks like that.  I've relegated myself to Class D Bel Canto REF 1000s and several others in the name of getting off the upgrade bus.  Too old.

I know this is old but I have the KLF 20 originally black and are refinshed in a walnut color. 

31 minutes ago, wnabphil78@gmail said:

I know this is old but I have the KLF 20 originally black and are refinshed in a walnut color. 

A lot of folks after buying a used pair, particularly when dinged up, stripped the black and refinished them.

• Like 1