FS: Klipsch RF-7 in Chicago Suburbs $500

swegyptian

Hi all,

I'm selling my black RF7s. Local pickup in Lombard, IL. The cosmetics are rough, but no performance issues. A few broken grill pegs, but they stay on just fine. Photos give you a really good idea on the condition. Price is $500 firm.

Let me know what questions come to mind.

Thanks,

Alex

IMG_0820-001.jpg

IMG_0821-001.jpg

IMG_0822-001.jpg

IMG_0823-001.jpg

IMG_0824-001.jpg

IMG_0825-001.jpg

IMG_0826-001.jpg

IMG_0827-001.jpg

IMG_0828-001.jpg

• Like 1

Those aren't too "rough". Was expecting horrible per description.  Great deal imo.

Some of those dimples can be easily removed with a delicate touch.  The tiny crease in the lower one may be a little more difficult but still doable.  Good, quality duct tape, GENTLY press it into the dimple.  Very quickly and again GENTLY, rip the duct tape straight off.  I have done it with satisfactory results.  Upon close examination you will still notice them but from afar, gone.  Perhaps a tip to pass on to the new owner?

IMG_0823-001.jpg

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swegyptian said:

Thanks! I've often wondered if I could fix it, but didn't want to make it any worse.

I have also heard of people pulling those dimples out the dust cover with a vacuum cleaner with a sock over the end, so the suction isn't too much.

I agree with others, you have listed a good price and despite the few imperfections, nothing I've seen will affect the sound.  Those should move fairly quickly a be a good purchase for someone wanting to get get into an RF-7.

GLWYS

These dimples will come out leaving no mark mostly by using a mild vacuum.    On mine I drilled a hole in a 2" suction cup, inserted a glass tube and suctioned them out using my mouth.      Seems clear why you feel you no longer need the 7s as we all seem to think the Palladiums have won the day.    Would love to have your comments on the difference between the 7s and the Palladiums.

These dimples will come out leaving no mark mostly by using a mild vacuum.    On mine I drilled a hole in a 2" suction cup, inserted a glass tube and suctioned them out using my mouth.      Seems clear why you feel you no longer need the 7s as we all seem to think the Palladiums have won the day.    Would love to have your comments on the difference between the 7s and the Palladiums.

Wondering same thing. How those palladiums sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They speakers are really pretty similar. Dollar for dollar, the RF7 win, but for now I'm going to keep the P37 instead. Overall the RF7 has a bolder midrange, and better bass, and the P37 is more even from top to bottom. I haven't had the P37 long enough to say much more than that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...