1985 rosewood khorns for $1000 in PA

RayRay

Sorry I bid on a scam.  :huh:

I knew it looked bad with options to buy in Euros and Australian dollars but I bid anyway without properly vetting the Seller.  Washington PA is a couple of hours from me.

The Seller has 834 Transactions, mostly Buying,  with 100% Positive Feedback.  Seller says an email response is promised within 5 min of the bid.  We shall see and I'll keep you informed.

+++

EDIT:  15 minutes and no return email.

So what is the scam?  I gave up my real name, address and email address.  What can I expect?

EDIT 2:  I followed Sellers other items.  There are 1,500 New Listings exactly like the Khorn ad, all put in at exactly the same time 10:21 AM, and all say to "Buy it Now" and has been priced for a quick sale. All of the items are priced at $1000.   All of them.

This is a MASSIVE scam operation!

• Like 1

Probably the same fraudster as before, but hacked into and using a different eBay seller's account, without their knowledge. Please report the scam ad to eBay, select from the drop menus. Reporting that the ad is "Avoiding eBay fees" gets their attention.

Here is a link to the past alert of a similar ad.

IMG_0671.JPG.b65935e0411494e8be72b88e4059f10c.JPG

• Like 1

I just did report it.  The message said "The listing has items being sold without the owner's authorization. You didn't bid."

+++

I wish I had bid on that scam McIntosh 275 for a thousand bucks.  It would have gone nice with my scam Khorns.    :emotion-21:  :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

EDIT 2:  I followed Sellers other items.  There are dozens of New Listings exactly like the Khorn ad, all put in at exactly the same time 10:21 AM, and all say to "Buy it Now" and has been priced for a quick sale. All of the items are priced at $1000.   All of them.

The "Sellers" of those listings are innocent victims of eBay account hacking, chosen by the scammers because they have good ratings.

• Like 1

It would have been nice if Ebay would have informed users of the massive scam and suggested how affected parties should handle it.

As I said I gave up personal information, name, real address and email.  No money/bank or Paypal exchange.

37 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

No sorry needed. I wouldn't have posted it, I would have bid :lol:

A long time ago Woofs and Tweets POSTED Khorns @ $999, It WAS Real, they now reside in the living room.

They are the wifes.

• Like 1

Whoever that is that posts that same or multiple pairs of KHorns seems to do so by hacking into excellent feedback seller accounts. So if you check the feedback and all it seems like it should be legit. Same pair have been posted over and over. The same scammer lists like 1400 listings all with email address and BIN prices. Clearly a scam and I'll bet he makes out quite well since some buyers are open to "saving money" outside of Ebay rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teaman said:

Whoever that is that posts that same or multiple pairs of KHorns seems to do so by hacking into excellent feedback seller accounts. So if you check the feedback and all it seems like it should be legit. Same pair have been posted over and over. The same scammer lists like 1400 listings all with email address and BIN prices. Clearly a scam and I'll bet he makes out quite well since some buyers are open to "saving money" outside of Ebay rules.

Say that again...?

• Like 1

I am sure there are some interested buyers willing to work outside the lines of Etsy and actually send payment to this guy via Western Union or something thinking they are getting such a great deal it is worth the risk. Especially for those who look at seller feedback. Most of the accounts this guy hacks and uses to sell his goods have thousands of sales and 100% positive feedback. I could picture that being assurance enough to pick up mint KHorns for $1500 delivered.

• Like 1