Crestron 7 channel amplifier 200 wpc

teaman

4 minutes ago, teaman said:

Awesome, does next Sunday work for you? I'm right down the street from you....in Michigan. Dave...you are welcome over too. Beer is on me!

Well if there's beer...................................................

• Like 1

The Crestron needs a dedicated 20 amp power outlet as it uses a special cord that can't be plugged into a regular socket.  And it requires a separate 24 volt power supply and needs to have the little red by-pass button used each time it is powered down?  It's too much extra expense and hassle, for me at least; I'm out.

You can use a Crestron amplifier stand-alone without connection to a Crestnet network, but 24VDC from an external supply still needs to be connected to the network connector so that the override switch will power the relays to turn on the amplifier channels on (think of it as a mandatory "24V trigger").

I don't know that it has to specifically be a 24VDC Crestron supply though, and the total VA of the power supply can be small as you won't be using it to power control units, touchpads, keypads, etc. on the network, but you would need a properly wired 4-pin Crestnet (Phoenix type) plug from the power supply to mate with the rear panel network connector in any case.

The 24V supply would have to be energized full time otherwise the recessed rear panel override switch would have to be depressed each time it was powered on or if it inadvertently lost power.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=145959.0

An hour 25 min to go.  The original listing has another bid total 3 and is up to $206.50.  The second of the two auctions is up to $229.50 with 8 bids.

I just noticed the picture for both auctions are the exact same ones.  It makes me question if those are the actual pictures of the amp being sold which belong to either sale?

+++

I would have bid on the amps trying to get one, but thanks to being able to talk things through on this forum it eventually became clear that would not have been a good purchasing decision for me.

Thank you to all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Want doesn't need justification then.

@teaman keeps tempting me.  He knows I'm too weak to resist a good deal.  B)

The first auction ended with a winning bid of $400.  It looks like 8 bidders bid the price up.  It's companion auction for the same thing ended at $250.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

@teaman keeps tempting me.  He knows I'm too weak to resist a good deal.  B)

The first auction ended with a winning bid of $400.  It looks like 8 bidders bid the price up.  It's companion auction for the same thing ended at $250.

Looks like some very good deals if both functioning properly.

Bill

• Like 2

1 minute ago, teaman said:

Dave gets cold feet any time the listings surpass the $100 mark....hahaha, just kidding!  Tim

You're not wrong!

I would be more likely to spend good money with a Klipsch Forum member.  I just don't trust anybody on Ebay.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

You're not wrong!

I would be more likely to spend good money with a Klipsch Forum member.  I just don't trust anybody on Ebay.

I agree with you there Dave, I am much more comfortable buying from someone I am familiar with, although the buyer protections on Paypal, Ebay etc. are pretty damn good now. I actually had a poor experience from here in the forum as a seller hadn't fully tested an amp I bought from them. When I contacted them they wanted no part of a return or possible partial refund so that pretty much sucked.

I mean you can pretty much use the protection to privately audition for up to 90 days and still send the goods back at only the return shipping costs. So far I have only had one bad purchase from Ebay and that was a receiver that someone packed horribly. I got my money refunded plus the power cable, remote, etc I sold as the buyer didn't want it back.

• Like 1

Did anybody notice there was a third identical listing? They sold for $400, $249.50, and $242.50. I find it very odd that he had three identical listings with same pics. Unless he cleaned out an once authorized retailer or something.

18 hours ago, teaman said:

I'm pretty sure you can use the 20A to 15A adapter. Ninety seven cents at the hardware store!

Or you can just buy and install a commercial grade duplex 20 amp receptacle.  They're under $5 and they have stronger springs and probably more contact surface than a 15 amp model.

I installed one on the outlet that powers the subwoofer and the two power amps, and a second one on the outlet that powers the AVR and the rest of the gear.  They were on two separate circuits, so I had to run a grounding wire between both power amps and the AVR to get rid of a 60 Hz hum.  That's a minor detail that applies to any system that is plugged into more than one circuit.

My electrician buddy noticed one of the receptacles and commented that it violates code, but I'm not drawing enough power to tax the 15 amp circuits, never mind 20 amps.  If I ever sell this place, I'll just re-install the original 15 amp receptacles, so the new owner doesn't plug in something that would overload the circuits.

For me, I just like the improved connection.  It's one more (or two in this case) weak link in the system eliminated.  The sockets grip plug blades so tightly that if you push too hard, the receptacle mounting tabs bend a bit and the receptacle starts to move into the wall.  Luckily, there's a nearby 15 amp receptacle for when it's time to plug in the vacuum cleaner, so the 20 amp outlets are used for the sound system alone.

They look like this:  http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-20-Amp-Commercial-Duplex-Power-Outlet-White-R62-CBR20-00W/202066702

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dtr20 said:

Did anybody notice there was a third identical listing? They sold for $400, $249.50, and $242.50. I find it very odd that he had three identical listings with same pics. Unless he cleaned out an once authorized retailer or something.

I never saw it, but I'm sure I looked.

I agree with you on the strangeness of three identical listings with the same pics.  I'm hoping the winners get what they paid for but I can tell you I'm glad I didn't bid.