SUB CROSSOVER

cgolf70

I'm setting the crossovers for my speakers.  I have my mains set to 70 and my center and rears set to 80.  There is also a setting for the sub in the menu from 120 down to 40 and then sub is off.    I understand what the settings for the speakers mean-anything below the setting goes to the subwoofer.  However, I am confused about the sub setting.  Does the setting mean the same for the sub or is it different?  Should it be 80 or higher or lower?

I have the crossover set to all of my speakers at 80hz. This means 80Hz and above will go to the speakers. I have the crossover set to my subwoofers at 80hz. This means that 80Hz and below will go to the subs. On the physical subwoofers, I have the crossover setting at the highest, essentially bypassing the onboard sub crossover and letting the receiver do the job.

• Like 1

Welcome cgolf.  You can use a single XO on all the speakers if they overlap.  Setting the mains to one XO and the other speakers to different XO's is a gimmick for the most part.  You are not going to hear a major change by setting individual XO points for each speaker.  A speaker with a XO of 70 Hz does not sound different than being set at 80 Hz if it is in the acceptable range for the speaker.

The klf10s are great until you a+b compare them to the klf20s. The klf20s are great until until you a+b compare them to the klf30s. I would recommend any of these speakers, but there is a quality difference. My klf30s are my favorite speakers with the exception of my khorns and belles.