Slightly Off-Topic: KG Subwoofer on Ebay

Peter P.

There's a Klipsch KG SW Subwoofer on eBay. It was listed for $50, and shipping to me would be roughly $60. I bid on it and currently am the high bidder.

A couple days after the auction started, I receive an e-mail stating the auction has ended. I assumed the seller was simultaneously selling it locally, and they must have sold it.

But no more than 24 hours later, the same photos of the same item appear in another auction under the name of another seller. The starting price is $90, and there's only local pickup.

I contact the seller to find out what's going on and he says (sic) "It is still listed I have no ideal what could be happening but I will not be taking it of early" .

Any ideas what's going on? Am I getting ready to be scammed?

Update: Disregard; it appears someone else just so happens to have a similar KG SW subwoofer for sale and their auction started a couple days after the original.

Now listen; don't any of you go and outbid me!

Original Ad

Second Ad

I don't believe so and don't think you have anything to worry about at the moment. The original ad is still showing as listed for me under the conditions you described as one-bid. To me the two auctions look like different subs based on the wood grain. Both auction members have many positive reviews as "a seller". I'd say good luck bidding. Maybe the email notification you received was a the scam part. I'd forward that to ebay if there's such an option.