ALK xover - DIY for Forte II schematic

5 hours ago, Alexander said:

I stand corrected, I could not find any mention on their site about any exchange. I went forward in placing an order and it wasn't until we were in Papal did the exchange rate was shown. It is currently at 1.30 which works out to .77us per $1 can. Thanks, I did order everything I could from them.

+1

3 hours ago, Deang said:

I want to see a video of him tinning the ends of the Litz inductors. :-)

That would be a long video if it was me doing the work. I cut the to the length I want  and unwind a inch or so and use 220 sand paper to remove the enamel coating on each strand the twist back together. Tell me there is a better way LOL. And I am still interested in purchasing some transformers from you Dean. Thanks Brian

ARRRG!!! I just realized I ordered 3.9 ohm resistors and not 39 ohm. I do have some Lynk 40 ohm 5% (2x20 ohm) and that will work, if I were to use 10% tolerance 39 ohm I would be in the same range. Need to get a new 9v battery for the DVM to see how close we are - just can't let it go.

Edited by Alexander
I can't spell
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Alexander said:

ARRRG!!! I just realized I ordered 3.9 ohm resistors and not 39 ohm. I do have some Link 40 ohm 5% (2x20 ohm) and that will work, if I were to use 10% tolerance 39 ohm I would be in the same range. Need to get a new 9v battery for the DVM to see how close we are - just can't let it go.

Pfff - 39, 40 - what difference does it make!

A good 40 (Mills) will sound better than a bad 39 (everything else). 

4 hours ago, Deang said:

Pfff - 39, 40 - what difference does it make!

A good 40 (Mills) will sound better than a bad 39 (everything else). 

No Mills here, just Lynk. At least we are not using sand cast anyway.

On 6/4/2017 at 7:47 PM, LeeW said:

ALK design Forte II crossovers built by another Forum Member, I haven't had time to install them yet.

image.jpeg

Jeeez .. those are beautiful Lee... hook em up...LOL

On 6/5/2017 at 8:12 PM, Alexander said:

I did find ALK's board layout and will follow it for my project.

alkforteii.jpg

with respect to ALK, this layout isn't very good... just looking at it, where's the in & out and the rest ?... you going to fit in a barrier strip to hook up to ?

2 hours ago, awsjr said:

with respect to ALK, this layout isn't very good... just looking at it, where's the in & out and the rest ?... you going to fit in a barrier strip to hook up to ?

None are needed, we will have a pic put up to show how it all is connected when finished.