Klipsch Stadium - Turns it-self off?

M.G. uk

Hi Folks,

New here - So hope I'm posting in the correct area?     ( note to moderator - please move to appropriate heading if Iv'e goofed )

Ok - Iv'e just recently purchased a Klipsch Stadium Sound Box - and have to say I'm generally very pleased with it -

I mainly use it linked up to an i-pad for dance practice ( I'm old school so tend to use hard wire for connecting stuff together )

The bluetooth works fine once I eventually manage to get them talking to each other - but life's to short - so I just plug in the cable -

The other main use for my sound box has been to upgrade sounds of movies on my television ( old school CRT so no digi-link )

where I connect them via the headphone socket to the RCA's inputs. 

Alls well and good >>>>  except occasionally >>>>  it just turns it-self into standby mode! ( yea you guessed it - usually at critical part of viewing

Has anyone else come across this happening to them?

Is this normal?

or is there fix available?

Any views or ideas greatly appreciated 

Regards  M.G.

I'm not familiar with the Stadium but it seems the signal isn't hot enough to keep the amp on.  That happens occasionally with subwoofers as well.  The fix is to turn the signal up in the sending device (which in your case is the TV) and turning the gain (volume) down on your Stadium to compensate. 

• 1 month later...
Guest mphrsy

i think i have the same issue years ago. it shuts down while playing ipod via rca. im using a newer ipod via usb and with my other connections, the stadium never shuts down.